“Lovely Place to stay”

Highfield Guest House
Ranked #44 of 395 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 1, 2012

What a find the Highfield Guest house was, we knew as soon as we walked through the door that we had made a great choice.
The room was perfect, immaculate spotlessly clean with en-suite and such a comfortable bed.
Kate, Maggie and Gordon are about the best hosts you could wish for, the information and help they provide is second to none.
Breakfast is amazing full Scottish and very tasty, this sets you up perfectly for the day.
When we visit Edinburgh again we know exactly where we will stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed one night at the Highfield Guest House in mid march. We found staying with Maggie and Gordon totally refreshing compared to the bustling Old Waverly Hotel, where we had stayed two nights previously. It was the first night of sound rest we got during our stay in Edinburgh, and we regretted not staying at the Highfield during our whole time in the city. Truly wonderful hosts, who gave great directions which got us right to Roslyn Chapel. Our next trip to Edinburgh we know where we are staying!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at Highfiels Giest House with my familly (2 adults + 2 children). We had a big familly room. The room was perfect. The staff were so kind and very helpful. I recommend this guest house to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We had a wonderful time staying at Highfield Guest House. Maggie and Gordon and Kate were wonderful - friendly and hospitable and full of helpful and useful information. It was an easy bus ride to the center of the city, so the location was convenient.

The room was comfortable and lovely. One of my favorite touches was that a corkscrew and wine glasses were in the room - so nice not to have to track down a corkscrew and drink wine out of coffee cups! The breakfasts were delicious, and the day we had to leave early for a bus tour, Maggie packed us breakfast bags to take along.

Our experience there was terrific, and we would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy W
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed for five nights at Highfield Guest House. From the first day, it became my favourite place to stay. The room and the bath were spotlessly clean, the bed was comfortable, the room was warm, the food was great, the service was wonderful and above all, the staff were very friendly, helpful and so lovely. Everything I needed was there. Thanks to Maggie, Gordon and Kate, I had a fantastic time in Edinburgh and I would love to go back there one day. They care for customers and their memories they make during their stay in Edinburgh. I could feel that the staff really want to make customers' stay comfortable. I definitely recommend this excellent guest house to anyone planning to stay in Edinburgh. Thank you so much to Maggie, Gordon and Kate. I hope to see you all one day again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NaoTheU_K_
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed at the Highfield for three nights and I could not have chosen a better place.
The room was perfect, clean, cosy, and with all the facilities (including free and fast internet), location ideal, and the service and the staff were absolutely wonderful. The attention to detail was outstanding, and the friendly attention I received, including the personalized and extremely generous breakfast, made it particularly welcoming. I travel constantly throughout the world, from 1 to 5 stars hotels, and I have never seen such high quality for such an economical price. I will be staying there again without a doubt!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ARI_Astro
Reviewed December 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. The room and bath were very clean and nicely decorated. The beds were comfortable. The owner and staff were friendly and helpful with restaurant and sight suggestions. We had to leave early in the morning to go to the airport and the hosts packed us a breakfast and arranged for a taxi. It is about a thirty minute walk into the historic district or you can take the bus (the stop is across the street). We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The house is on a main street, so if traffic bothers you, ask for a room in the back.