“Short Break with a Kiwi Friend!!”

and 1 more site!
Garfield Guest House
Ranked #37 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Immaculately presented little Guest house that I have to recommend to anyone travelling on a budget. The warmest welcome awaits in a clean comfortable house with the loveliest views of my favourite city.(as a Scot of course I'm biased ) It was a lovely change to be away from the hustle & bustle of the city centre giving us a some thinking & planning time! yet everything was within easy reach on a short bus ride. Beds were incredibly comfortable and rooms really spacious with everything we needed in the room and irons & hairdryers on the landing.There was an excellent choice for breakfast which couldnt have been beaten by a larger hotel with a portion to set you up for the whole day, do try the scrambled egg & salmon my friend had this on both morning. Michelle & Martin are a mine of information and were so helpful with anything we asked. There is also a little licensed restaurant for an evening meal if you fancy a cosy night in. Highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just stayed there for one night but was really pleased. Very nice room and dining room and the breakfast was excellent. Martin made us most welcome and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anybody

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

They made me feel welcome from the minute I initially called for booking.

On arrival I was met by Martin who made me feel at home. Michelle was also wonderful & couldn't do enough to help.

My room was v clean & the bed really comfy .. It was a good size room & very well maintained.

Dinner I ate at the guest house & was surprised to hear they offered home made, stone baked pizzas with authentic Italian oven, v tasty I must say. This was accompanied by a lovely glass of vino then after a freshly ground home roasted expresso with local scottish tablet mm mm mmm

I shall be back without a doubt.. Gd work Garfield & look forward to seeing you all again..

Adios x

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for two nights after staying right in the city of Edinburgh and it was such a great feeling to be out of the hustle and bustle. As soon as we walked in we got a warm, friendly welcome, nothing was a problem and Michelle was so nice and helpful. The beds were comfy and the rooms are nice and cosy. Breakfast in the morning was freshly cooked and was wonderful. Overall I strongly recommend anyone to stay here!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Make you feel very welcome from the moment you arrive & the hosts Martin & Michelle will go out of their way to make sure your stay is a memorable one. Good Scottish breakfast ever morning will set you up for the day & having the view of the whole town at the front door is like having a postcard with you all the time. The rooms are spotless & guarantee a good nights sleep. Having free parking over the road & bus stop outside with buses direct to the city centre is an added bonus. We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Made you feel welcome,stayed for one night with my husband,would go back with my family.The breakfast was so good special the mushrooms.The room was comfortable, spotless with plenty of tea ,coffee ,sugar and milk.parking was free just across the road.Martin and Michelle provide a great place to stay.we will be back in the near future!!!! (That's if we can book a room for this very popular hotel/ b&b).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2013

What a great place to stay - Owner, Martin and his team (especially Michelle) were so helpful and warm. The breakfast was so tasty - such a great selection from cold items like pastries and yogurt plus a full cooked Scottish breakfast with options like haggis and vegetarian sausages.

In fact, during the rest of our trip to Paris and London - each place we stayed - my kids would say - this is good but not as good as Martin's breakfast ;)

Also one night we had dinner in at Garfield's - gourmet pizzas, pastas and a beautiful salad - they offer wine in beautiful fine glasses - a great option to have after a long day of walking!

We stayed two nights and plan to be back in the future!

• Stayed: May 2013