“Big thumbs up!!!”

Ranked #36 of 444 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Big thumbs up!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have had a fantastic stay at Garfield Guest House. First impressions were excellent and then it just got better! Well appointed, clean rooms. Fantastic cooked breakfast and everything we could need. Staff were extremely friendly and accomodating. We will definitely be staying here again and can thoroughly recommend it. Thank you!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Kailua, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed here over the Easter weekend and had the loveliest time. The room was quiet and comfortable and the location was ideal for exploring Edinburgh. But the true highlight of the stay were the generous hosts! They were so friendly and gave great recommendations for what to do while in Scotland. I have lots of food allergies that can make it difficult to cook for, but they were extremely accommodating. They made me a delicious quasi-traditional Scottish breakfast that was better than anything I could have found in a restaurant. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Super hosts. Only one night in Edinburgh for a quick dinner with my son and a meeting the next day. Martin could not have been more welcoming, the house was spotless, the bed was comfortable, and although every other room was full of parents and kids, I did not hear a thing between 10 pm and 7.30 the next morning. The breakfast could have been as huge as anyone might request; I did not require quantity, although it would have been easy for the greedy to stuff themselves. The small cooked breakfast I did order distinguished itself from the common B&B because none of it was pre-cooked (you can always tell). The mushrooms were particularly good,with just a touch of good black pepper, and the bacon was perfect., but as everyone came for breakfast at the same time the owner had his work cut out. Although he was busy he had a chat or a bit of advice for anyone who asked. He even offered haggis as an extra that day, although at that time in the morning they (the haggi) would not have had time to hang properly, as they have to be snared in the dark. All in all this is certainly Scottish hospitality at its very best, I have stayed in many Edinburgh B&Bs since I left the city 25 years ago, and this one will be my home-from-home from now on.

Room Tip: Ask the host
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed in this B&B for four nights the staff we extremely helpful and accommodating. The food was nice and the location was fairly central to transport for the major attractions. Definitely plan to recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hello there, I felt compelled to write a review just after leaving Garfield earlier on today as my partner and I had such a splendid time. The house is idealy located just outside of the centre of Edinburgh (5min on the bus) and there is plenty of free parking just opposite. Michelle was very welcoming, helpful and could not have done any more for us throughout our stay. I have to enthuasize to all those potential visitors thinking of staying here how delicicous the full Scottish breakfast was each morning.. you get sausage, bacon, mushrooms, beans and eggs made how ever you like them! We were also given a little bit of traditional Haggis which was a canny touch! I especially liked the fact that you had unlimited access to the breakfast bar, helping yourself to toast (brown or white), cereals and refreshments (juices, coffee and tea). The room was just what we were after for a short weekend break, it had everything you would need, my only gripe would be that I like my showers to have a bit more power to it but hey ho! Thanks again Michelle for making us felt welcome. See you soon, Chloe & Chris xx

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The cooked breakfast was a very high quality and beautifully cooked. The guest house is well situated with parking outside and the bus stop right outside the door. We stayed here a good few yaers ago and made a point of coming back for our stay this time in Edinburgh.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

As soon as we arrived we were welcomed with tea and coffee, parking opposite and never had to move the car for 3nights as the bus stop into the city was right outside.The room that we stayed in had a great view of the city and castle, well stocked with biscuits tea and coffee. The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had,very good quality and as much tea and pots of coffee as you like .Thanks Michelle will will defiantly be back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends