“Excellent guesthouse...pleasurabe stay!”

and 1 more site!
Garfield Guest House
Ranked #41 of 395 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Stayed at the Garfield three times now and the service/accomodation has been consitently of a high standard each time.
The location is perfect..easily reachable by car or taxi when arriving in Edinburgh.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the breakfast is of a high standard.
The check in on arrival procedure at the Garfield is very efficient and puts this guesthouse above others..you can arrive anytime..Martin the owner can be contacted by using the phone at the door..he then gives you a key code for your room....this has proved a good service when on one occasion we arrived later than we arranged...

To sum up..the Garfield is a proffesionally run guesthouse with nice clean rooms...good food, free internet, good location and very well run...highy recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ErikS32

Reviewed March 9, 2011

I stayed while attending a course at the Botanics. I was on my own but was given a room large enough for a family, clean, comfortable and with a beautiful view of the castle and the city. Martin was friendly and welcoming without being over the top. Great value for money - I will stay here again next time I'm in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank socialentrepeneur
Reviewed February 18, 2011

After scheduled work to our house in Edinburgh when terribly wrong, myself and my partner found ourselves in the position that we had to move out from our home for 6 nights. Thankfully we called the guest house and they had room to accommodate us. The room was a great size with a sofa and dining table and satellite television. During what was a really stressful time, I found myself relaxed and enjoying my stay in the guest house. Our Host, Martin ensured we had everything we could have wished for and breakfast was offered to us every morning before we rushed out the door to head to work. I would recommend the guest house to everyone. Thanks for looking after us!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicolamcq78
Reviewed February 6, 2011

We stayed in the family room with our teenage son for two nights at the end of Janary 2011. This large, well appointed room was warm and well ordered, with an amazing view of the skyline of Edinburgh, including the castle. We were extremely impressed with the thought that has obviously been given to the needs of guests, with nice touches such as internet access, umberellas, hairdryers and ironing facilites being readily available. There are many breakfast options, from toast and cereal to full English/Scottish, which was expertly cooked using fresh premium ingredients. Martin was very welcoming and helpful, offering infomation on the local attractions. The city centre is easily reached on foot, although the guest house is also well served by local buses.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JoBurtonPeterborough
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Arrived in Edinburgh un expectantly as my wife was taken to hospital. I required a place to stay and came across the Garfield who could luckily give me a room. The only one left was a large double and they were more than happy to give me a single occupancy rate - great value! The guest house is warm with friendly and helpful staff - was just what I needed. I would definitely return when hopefully under better circumstances. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doug189
Reviewed December 8, 2010

We use Garfield regularly when attending hospital clinics at the Western General hospital. Due to awful snow and Perth being totally closed we were stuck for two hours and then had to take a huge detour to get to Garfield. I had phoned Martin to explain and he left our key in the hall and gave me the code for the front door so we could arrive as late as we needed to. He even offered to keep our room until we knew we could get home safely at the other end of the trip. Staff are helpful and very caring. It really is our home from home.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mgt_mack
Reviewed December 6, 2010

The guy (Martin?) is very friendly on the phone and in person. He also gave directions to some great local eateries. I didn't use them but was impressed to see numerous iron/ironing boards available for use in the lobby. The room was a nice bright room, nice and clean and well equipped with a flat screen. I don't normally eat breakfast but it was so cold outside I thought I needed the fuel. Glad I did - very nice cooked breakfast served almost instantly.

Would definitely come back to stay here next time i'm in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business