“Great authentic food at an excellent price”

Laila's Mediterranean Bistro
Ranked #98 of 2,528 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: An olive-grove haven, serving a delicious array of dishes from the Mediterranean and the Levant...
“Great authentic food at an excellent price”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Found laila's through positive reviews on tripadvisor. Lovely restaurant with quality food at good prices. Also saved a fortune as its byob with no corkage which you can't find in many place in Edinburgh. Only slight criticism is we were sat in large square table where there wasn't really room for waitresses to get by to serve others. However glad they made room for us and were so friendly and attentive. Booked my next visit already!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Laila's”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We, my family and i, went to Edinburgh and came across Laila's, we popped in for lunch, there were 5 of us. The staff were very cheery and helpful, the food was fantastic as was the service. I would recommend Laila's to everyone. Can not wait to go back.

• Visited April 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Lovely find, excellent family experience”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with my family and we thoroughly enjoyed the food, atmosphere and the service, well pleased. I ordered fish and chips and the fish was so delicious and fresh, we had a Meze platter for starters my wife had a Angus burger and my kids had pasta of the day and chicken breast burger meal the staff were very nice and friendly

Penicuik, United Kingdom
“Little Gem”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

This is a little gem that should not be missed. I booked a reservation online using the restaurant's website which was so easy and provided you with a booking number and receipt to print off. The online menu was also clearly well presented with the various dishes and prices to choose from. There is a lovely Mediterranean olive colour scheme and design through the menu, place settings and soft furnishings which compliments the intimate and friendly atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and well presented in a relaxed style. The food was fresh, hot and in very generous portions, I ordered a mezze for two, two main courses, a side order, two deserts ( plus one to take home), two soft drinks and a large bottle of water for £50, but you can also BYOB and no corkage is charged.
The customers varied in age and included children who the staff made very welcome. There is also a take out facility available. This is somewhere I will definitely return to.

Visited April 2014
northampton
“Small but beautifully prepared food”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was in Edinburgh for the week working and this place caught my eye when walking to my hotel (just around the corner for the Carlton). It's small inside but cosy and the menu has a wide variety which should suit most tastes. I had a feta salad to start-around £3 and to be honest it was so a large portion it was sufficient in it'sown right. I then had calamri and chips. Simple but very well cooked.

This is a bring your own bottle place but luckily there is a shop across the road if you turn up unprepared.

Wel worth a visit anytime of day. Fantastic value for money and they will be getting my custom again when I visit Edinburgh again next month.

• Visited April 2014