I work in the hospitality industry and it never ceases to amaze me how some people expect The Ritz but don't want to pay for it. This is a lovely guest house, they don't do evening meals hence it's a guest house. Beautifully presented rooms that are clean and well decorated. Our bathroom, with walk in shower was huge. Yes the roof sloped slightly on one side of the bed but you would have to be an utter fool to hit your head on it. There was a welcome tray with tea coffee and biscuits. Clean white towels with hospitality mint. Also a tray with sherry decanter. Flat screen freeview tv attached to the wall and sound system and phone on bedside table. Wardrobe space was limited if you were having an extended stay. Communal areas were well presented. Breakfast was huge and would have cost £12/15 had you dined out for it. It was also delicious and you wouldn't need to eat for the rest of the day. Bus stop at the door and it's 20 minute walk to Princes St or 7 minutes on a bus. We stayed Thursday night and it cost £90 for both of us. A bargain. We will definitely use the Sandaig again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandaig...overlooking the historic Leith Links park. All rooms have En-suite facilities. Complimentary drink on arrival. Free Wi Fi, Hospitality Tray, Radio Alarm Clock, I Pod Docking Station, Hairdryer, Iron & Ironing board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Sandaig Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandaig Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Sandaig Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland