“Perfect Budget Traveler!”
Review of The Standing Order

The Standing Order
Ranked #16 of 213 Nightlife in Edinburgh
Reviewed December 18, 2012

While studying in Edinburgh for a semester my flat mates and I used to go to The Standing Order almost once a week for their great deal of two steaks and a bottle of wine! The building itself is something to see and it feels like you're really getting a piece of history with your meal. From the grand main room to the smaller cozier dining rooms, The Standing Order is a great place to have good food, great wine, watch the game and just have a few laughs with your friends. Service is pretty good. It's not a sit and order type of restaurant but rather a take a number and we'll bring you your food experience. Definitely a must see for places to eat!!

1  Thank ChelC2
There are newer reviews for The Standing Order

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Being from Derby I had an inate draw to a Wetherspoons named The Standing Order mirroring the similar building in the East Midlands. First attempt to go on at Saturday night for food failed due to all tables being filled up so it ended up being Sunday brunch instead. Sat near a massive projector screen showing the football goals from the previous day and eat the novelty of a haggis gourmet burger which I assume is exclusive to those 'spoons north of the border.

All-in-all food was decent and service was quick (although at the till it was a bit disorganised as there seem to be 3 queues served by two people, one of which was a lot quicker than the others if out the way that I managed to jump into to be served quickly).

Seemed a decent amount of ales on tap as well and some interesting decor (some sort of statue overhanging the bar with a man with a suitcase!!!!)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Called in last week for a breakfast as wetherspoon is generally very good and reasonably price.
And reasonably priced it was at £3.09. Place was not busy we received our breakfast in 10 mins of ordering. It was freezing cold, hash browns tasted like they had been sitting out all night, it was practically inedible. Not sure if their meals later in day are better, but this experience means we won't be going back.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Been in here a few times and on the Saturday night it was heaving. Like the room which had a massive old safe in.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I liked the place and the food, nothing special but honest for a pub.
Staff was very friendly to me, it was my first night in Scotland and they had all the patience to explain the local dishes and to recommend me a Scotch malt based on my likings.