“My first choice for a bus tour of Edinburgh”
Review of MacTours City Tour

MacTours City Tour
Ranked #103 of 203 Tours in Edinburgh
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: MacTours City Tour has it all, a live guide to point out the places of interest along the route, a 24 hour ticket allowing you to hop on and off to explore Edinburgh's attractions and places of interest and all this on a traditional style vintage bus. MacTours City Tour penetrates the Old Town of Einburgh with non stop fantastic views and stories.
Derby, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My first choice for a bus tour of Edinburgh”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

With so many tours to choose from it is a tough decision finding the right tour for you. But I have no regrets in choosing Mac Tours. Each guide has their own personality and interests but are always informative and entertaining. Far better this than a pre-recorded tour on headphones. An older gentleman (Archie I believe) gave us a tour full of facts and stories which entertained. Ken was our second guide and I found him charming, engaging and passionate about the city. I know the guides adapt their tours to fit their audience and Mac Tours pitches it just right

Visited September 2013
ElaineEBT, Sales Manager at MacTours City Tour, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Mandy J

It's good to hear from you and I'm pleased that you enjoyed hopping on and off the MacTours City Tour. Archie and Ken will be delighted at their special mention.

Thank you for choosing to take our MacTours City Tour and for sharing your 5 star review here.
It really is appreciated.

London, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great little tour”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After walking to the castle and up and down the Royal Mile we decided on a tour in an open top bus of the city. Well worth the price and an informative guide [Jack] on a lovely sunny day.
You get to see all the major sites and can hop on and off at different points around the city.

Visited September 2013
Ellie053

Thank you for your 5 star review of our MacTours City Tour. I'm delighted that you decided to hop on and that you enjoyed seeing the Edinburgh sights from our open-top tour bus. Jack will be pleased at getting a special mention too.

Thanks for hopping on and for sharing your lovely comments here.

London, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“MacTours open top bus Tour.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a perfect way to learn about the history of Edinburgh. The guide was very helpful with a wacky sense of humour which made it all great fun! He gave us shedloads of information and made us all feel very welcome.

Definitely recommend you try this Tour.

Visited July 2013
ElaineEBT, Sales Manager at MacTours City Tour, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Rosiebird299

Thank you for your top recommendation of our MacTours City Tour.

I am delighted that our guide made you feel welcome and that you enjoyed the mix of facts and fun on board the tour.

I hope your 5 star review will encourage others to hop on too.

Many thanks

Lancashire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This tour was excellent and the open top bus was a brilliant way to see the sights of Edinburgh. The tour was very informative and packed with detail. It was great value for money and you can go on the tour as many times as you like within a 24 hour period. The cherry on the cake was the sun was out and that made the tour!!!

Visited May 2013
ElaineEBT, Sales Manager at MacTours City Tour, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Alan671

You can't beat sitting upstairs on an open-top bus in a beautiful city with the sun shining down on you. It sounds like you had a lovely time in Edinburgh and it's good to hear how much you enjoyed hopping on and off our MacTours City Tour.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here, it really is appreciated.

Somerset/Dorset border, UK
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great...if you can hear the guide”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Although I found Edinburgh very compact to walk around, I always take a tour to learn about the sites and history.

On our first hop we sat downstairs (due to weather), the guide was upstairs but their commentary was too muffled and unclear to understand downstairs, which was a great shame.

On our next hop a female was upstairs commentating; not bad, couldn’t catch every word but a much better experience.

On our final hop we were seated downstairs with the commentator. Well, he was fab and I could hear every single entertaining word he said. Fabulous. In fact, I learnt more on that short hop than I’d learnt all day. When I told the guide this as we disembarked he replied ‘ah, you were downstairs when the guide was up’ nodding sympathically, so this is obviously an ongoing problem.

So, although the guide is clearly fab if the sound quality is good enough, I’d personally opt for an audio guide next time. Shame.

Visited May 2013
ElaineEBT, Sales Manager at MacTours City Tour, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
English-Rosa

Thank you for reviewing our MacTours City Tour. I shall pass your comments about the sound system on to our engineering department and hope they can get to the bottom of it. It may be that there was a specific bus that needs attention and this may have already been brought to the Operations Team attention.

I'm glad you eventually enjoyed your experience with our Guides and could hear their commentary.

It's good to hear that you always take a tour when visiting a new city - it really is the best way to explore.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments here, we shall investigate further to ensure this is resolved.