“Delicious Dirty Dick's”

Dirty Dick's
Ranked #9 of 213 Nightlife in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The famous Dirty Dick's Bar of Edinburgh. Whisky & Gin galore! Classy Scottish grub, craft beer, clutter, antiquary and great tunes.
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We visited Edinburgh from 13th - 15th May. Always come to this place and did so both nights. One reason being, is that my hubby loves real ale! Love the atmosphere and the coziness here. It was right on our doorstep as well, our hotel was in the same street. Bar staff are friendly. The first night we also had something to eat which was for the first time. Haggis, neeps and tatties was my choice and a stacked burger. Having never tried this before, must say I really enjoyed it. Hubby enjoyed his burger. Meals, as well as a couple of beers came to about £20.00 which was very good value. Will definitely come here again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Enjoyed drinks & Food with friends. Managed to bag a wee table in the sun which was brilliant. Inside is ye olde world & you could imagine it being a cosy friendly place in the winter too.
Staff were helpful, food was good........ We did see the biggest stacked burger in Edinburgh though! Reaonably priced for a city centre pub.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We ventured into dirty Dicks on Easter Saturday, didnt know what to expect with a name like that! How wrong we were, it was a cosy little pub with lots of knick knacks on the walls and ceilings. The tables were very close together and could imagine a winters night with the fires burning a very homely thought.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The drinks wrre very reasonable too.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stumbled upon Dirty Dick’s pub one afternoon, bought a Pint and had a chance to take in the surroundings.

I spent most of my visit trying to identify the various Nick-Nacks displayed on the walls and Ceiling!.
Very interesting.

My Pint of Stewarts Edinburgh Cold was very nice too!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've been a local here for 3 yrs, I got refused service the other day because I used to get served by a member of staff that left under bad circumstances: even though I had no idea who he was outside of the pub. Absolutely ridiculous. Staff stand and chat behind bar and with chef so you are waiting on your drink even though bar is quiet. Worst customer service ever. Never again. ANY OTHER PUB ON ROSE STREET IS BETTER.

4  Thank Truth789987