This was the 2nd time we stayed here. First was 3 years ago. Very friendly and helpful owners. Clean large rooms. Nice lounge where you can sit and relax, although we were there during the Fringe so had no time for that. Ideally located 2 mins from Princes Street. We were there with another couple, who were equally impressed. Our room was to the back (Room 8) and the air conditioning of the next door hotel was a continuous drone. Didn't disturb us, but would if you are sensitive to noise. Our friends room (Room 5) although facing the front was much quieter.
Breakfast is next door in a boutique hotel. Great large breakfast, although the service there was a bit hit and miss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No. 53 Frederick Street, bed and breakfast in Edinburgh is perfectly situated in the very heart of the city centre, providing a magnificent yet unique spacious central home to explore Edinburgh, separated from Edinburgh Castle only by the Gardens! The Edinburgh B&B accommodation is an original Georgian townhouse situated on the second and third floors, that dates from circa 1820, and many of the original features have been carefully retained. This is an elegant and extremely spacious guest house, typified in a welcoming open hall with feature bow wall and staircase to upper floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your 53 Frederick Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 53 Frederick Street Hotel Edinburgh
- 53 Frederick Street Edinburgh, Scotland