I organised a group trip to Edinburgh and Tessa was more helpful then I could ever have hoped for, and both she and David more than accommodating during the stay itself.
The rooms were all spacious, despite a few being quadruples they never felt cramped due to the high ceilings and large windows, and they even managed to organise an extra couple of beds as we had some last minute extra visitors join us for one of the nights.
The addition of a lounge room, where we could all congregate was a life send, and similarly Rick's bar next dear where we took one of the highest quality breakfasts I have ever eaten.
All this was fantastic value, and can imagine paying twice as much for far less in a far larger guesthouse or chain hotel.
I cannot recommend this place more highly then saying a few of our group (including myself) are already planning a return visit and stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No. 53 Frederick Street, bed and breakfast in Edinburgh is perfectly situated in the very heart of the city centre, providing a magnificent yet unique spacious central home to explore Edinburgh, separated from Edinburgh Castle only by the Gardens! The Edinburgh B&B accommodation is an original Georgian townhouse situated on the second and third floors, that dates from circa 1820, and many of the original features have been carefully retained. This is an elegant and extremely spacious guest house, typified in a welcoming open hall with feature bow wall and staircase to upper floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your 53 Frederick Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 53 Frederick Street Hotel Edinburgh
- 53 Frederick Street Edinburgh, Scotland