The staff are very friendly and welcoming. I spoke with them a lot in advance of arrival and they were very helpful. They offer lots of advice about the local area and can provide maps with recommendations of where to eat and drink. The location is an easy walking distance into Edinburgh centre, though it is well services by buses. It also near Arthur's Seat for those wanting a good walk. There are lots of restaurants and pubs in a fifteen minute walk. The hotel itself was immaculately clean. Breakfasts were very good. There is a lounge area for guests and a bar which is well stocked with a wide range of drinks.
My wife and I stayed for our honeymoon and we are glad that we did We willc ertainly be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Scottish welcome awaits at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia, Edinburgh. Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh offers great value three star accommodation when visiting Edinburgh, the historic capital city of Scotland. Max and Annette Preston, together with their children Hayley and Struan, invite you to enjoy your holiday, City break or business trip in Edinburgh at the Hotel Ceilidh-donia with full facility accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Ceilidh-Donia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ceilidh Donia Hotel Edinburgh
- Hotel Ceilidh-Donia Edinburgh, Scotland