TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 10:30 AM - 1:00 AM
Review Highlights
Good Scottish Tapas

I had half an hour to spare and popped in for a quick bite to eat. The three small dishes for £9.50... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Alanthebairn
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Excellent service, great music

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
B8031YQchristopherg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Edinburgh
from $15.82
from $22.41
from $21.10
from $15.89
More Info
All reviews rose street haggis balls nice pub live folk music great selection of drinks princes street royal mile malts pubs dram scotland
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here on a Sunday afternoon and had a great time. The barkeep set me up with the angels share flight and she explained the merits of all the whiskies she had chosen. I ordered the ham and cheese toastie and tomato soup (simple but well executed) and enjoyed the live traditional music that started up about an hour after arriving. Will be back next time I’m in Edinburgh.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here last week during our trip to Edinburgh and we are so happy that we did. As relative whisky novices, we each asked for the introduction flight. We weren’t expecting that the bartender would customize each whisky based on our taste and spend several minutes on each telling us about the whisky. The attention that we received was excellent! Additionally, the live music was fun and lively without overpowering the whole room. It was a wonderful evening and I’d recommend it to everyone!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

Stopped by for a nightcap. Lovely ambience, great live folk music. Good crowd, but not crowded. Will come back.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed August 21, 2019

Just popped in here for a drink and a snack on the way to the Edinburgh Tattoo. Great selection of beers/spirits and small plate snacks. Definitely will pop in here again on our next visit.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019

This place was wonderful before the remodel, but it's even better now! Housed in a haunted building (I recommend the Gore and Lore tour by the Good Time Girls to learn more), it has a great view, along with stellar food and phenomenal service.

Date of experience: April 2019