The staff at the hotel were great and our room was pretty nice. Our room was on the ground floor which has the view of the carpark (parking lot). The room has no closets except for a couple of hangers on a clothes rod by the wall. If you need a safe, they provide that at the front desk. If you need an iron, that's on the fourth floor. The continental breakfast was fine with toast, fruit and cereal but my problem is that they end it at 9:30 which I thought was too early.
The Express is situated right across the Omni Center which houses a cinema and various eateries and a stones throw away from St James Place which has a lot of shopping including a John Lewis department store. The Royal Mile is about a 5-10 minute walk.
Tip #1: Bring a travel clock.
Tip #2: If you want to just check your email for a short time, I suggest to find an internet cafe (there's a couple on Royal Mile) at a £1 for a half an hour. The hotel charges £6.50 for 60 minutes and £12 for a 24 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland