This is an ideal hotel if planning on travelling around Edinburgh on foot or public transport. Due it's location being central to several bars, clubs, reasturants and Cinema, it is understandable and was antisipated that the ambiant noise throughout the night from the surrounding area was noticeable, but not disturbing. The hotel it's self we found relitively quiet for a Saturday/Sunday.
The room (Non-Smoking standard double) was clean and sufficently equipt. The size was also adaquate for our duration of stay however if were were staying any longer than one night, storage would have become a real problem.
For our room, "Cable/Satalitte TV" consisted of BBC1, BBC2, ITV, C4, Sky1, Sky News, Sky Sports News, Nickelodeon, with BBC R1 and BB R4 which is hardly what I would call Cable/Satalitte TV. (Sorry, this is a bug bearer of mine when hotels say Cable/Satalitte TV) I'm sure they could provide Freeview for less than the commercial subscriptions Sky are chargeing and provide a wider choice of viewing and listening selection.
Staff were efficent and friendly, off-street private parking was availible with limited spaces. I'd say there were no more than apx. 10/15 spaces which each carried a nominal fee.
Nice hotel, nice staff. Will stay again........if i can get booked!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland