Myself and a friend stayed here for 2 nights.
Free wifi included which was fantastic. Reasonable price for edinburgh compared to other hotels.
Good location 5 minute walk from Princess Street
Breakfast included, was a good start to a day of exploring the city.
They did give us a late check out till 12 free of charge.
Staff not very friendly. Went for breakfast on the first morning, and asked a lady do we sit anywhere or wait to be seated, she groaned something at me that i couldnt understand and walked off.
Beds are very uncomfortable, could feel every bit inside them.
Paper tin walls that everything could be heard along the corrridor.
Although breakfast was nice to be included, it was not good. I dont know what the staff are doing because there are alot of them, but i had to constantly ask for items to be replaced. I.e no knives, no bread, no milk. More attention to detail is required by staff. Also on my last day i observed a staff member pouring the full fat milk into the low fat milk dispenser....?
Overall, the cons outweigh the pros, and I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland