We just spend two nights in the Holiday Inn Express in Edinburgh. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. We had a good rate which we booked through the hotel.
The location is awesome, about a 5 minute walk from the train station and city center.
We had a problem with our reservation the second night (seems they thought we were only there for one night). We had an email with our reservation and we forwarded it to them. It took a couple of contacts to get the rate and everything correct but they were very nice and very professional and it all worked out. The hotel is good for what we paid. We asked for two double beds ( two of us). The second double bed seemed to be a portable bed and didn't seem like it belonged in the room. It was not comfortable so we ended up sharing the double bed. If I wanted to two (semi) comfortable double beds, I might consider booking two rooms. The breakfast was average. It was extremely crowded when we were there (mid term break in the UK I think) and they did a good job trying to keep up and restock, right up to the closing time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland