Just returned from a 1 night stay following a mini trip to Scotland to visit relatives. We arrived just before official check in to a wonderfully warm welcome and extremely efficient check in. We'd requested and were given a quiet room on the 4th floor (411).
The room was everything you'd expect from Express Holiday Inn. Clean, tidy and functional. Not a lot of room for clothes etc but for 1 night was great. The bathroom was lovely and clean and you get great big fluffy towels - wonderful after the power shower.
Location is about 10 mins max from Princes Street Station (slightly uphill). It is definately worth getting a hotel a little away from the 'action' to get a good, quiet nights sleep. They will look after your bag on check out if needed but we used the Station left luggage for convenience (open 0700 - 2300 hrs) - 6 pounds per 24 hrs or part of.
The rate we paid 69 pounds was b&b but we missed breakfast due to having a very late but fantastic meal at an Italian just around the corner from the hotel (turn left out of hotel and is the first on the left - Guiliano's I think it's called). Don't be deceived by the frontage - it really opens up at the back and the service and food was superb.
The hotel is amost directly opposite the Edinburgh Playhouse if you want to catch a show and there are plenty of bars and restaurants if like us, you were just too tired to walk back into 'town' on the evening.
We will definately be back to this hotel on our next visit to Edinburgh. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotel.de, HotelsClick, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland