The reception/bar area of this HIE is above average/similar being quite olde worlde and looking out onto the streets of central Edinburgh - especially pretty in last nights snow However once past reception it reverts to standard HIE fayre and is actually not up to standard of others I have stayed in. First the lifts are not on a level with the first floor (entrance/reception) or ground floor - you need to go up/down 4/5 steps in each case which is hardly helpful when you have luggage. I was given a room on ground floor. These are actually just below street level and you literally have people walking past less than a few metres away . Ground floor rooms at front are also very close to a busy roundabout so you can hear the traffic Room was lovely and large but bed was uncomfy and the curtains didnt quite meet in the middle without me mountainerring on a chair to persuade them to do so . Due to its location this HIE is by no means a budget hotel - and there are several small local hotels in the same area that you can get cheaper and that are in far better condition
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland