We stayed here for one night on Saturday 16th February, paid £99 for a family room, which was one kingsize bed with sofa bed.
The room was clean, the hotel is in a Georgian terrace so there are a few quirks that go with this such as creaking floorboards in the hallways and in the room.
The location is directly opposite the Edinburgh Playhouse and the Omni Centre, even though it was February I didn't need to wear a coat because everything was so close.
The only downside to thisshotel was breakfast. Perhaps is we'd gone at 0630 instead of 0930 it would have been less crowded.
The layout is tightly packed, which means you can't see that the butter/yoghurts are stored in a fridge, or that the milk is in the milk machine round the other side of the breakfast area.
Next time I'd go down to level 1 and have breakfast there, that seemed less crowded, but we hadn't realised breakfast was also available there ( despite seeing the sign in the bar the night before, I'd assumed it was advertising the breakfast upstairs - D'oh!)
The quality of breakfast was OK, the sausage and scrambled egg could have been better, but you get what you pay for, so no complaint there.
I'd go back again, as it's good value for Edinburgh and in a great location ( next to John Lewis/St. James centre too, about 10 mins easy walk from Waverley or bus station)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland