We stayed for one night as we were going to see a show at the playhouse. Check-in was easy and simple. Staff were welcoming and full of info. You can park in the hotel car park for £10 per day. On check out, the staff were the same: asking if we enjoyed our stay/needed a taxi/wished us a nice day.
The room was big, comfortable bed and very clean. The heating could be turned up/down and there was a tv and hairdryer too. Bathroom clean and shower was good. It was a quiet room and i slept well.
We used the bar in the evening. It had a good atmosphere and was fairly busy. Breakfast was good but the hotel was very busy and therefore there were a lack of tables although both breakfast areas were open (to be expected on a saturday at 9.45!). There was 'help yourself'
tea/coffee/juice, cereals, pastries and sausage/egg. It was nice.
The hotel is right across from the playhouse theatre and St James Centre. Its 5 minutes walk to Princes Street and St Andrews Sqaure.
If you are looking for a good, fairly simple hotel in Edinburgh - stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Internet Access and Free Hot Breakfast. Simply ask for an internet voucher at check in. The hotel offers continental breakfast buffet plus two daily hot options. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is a 5 minute walk to Princes Street & a 10 minute walk to the Royal Mile. Located near the St James Shopping Centre & Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. The hotels offers free luggage storage and has designated smoking bedrooms. All bedrooms & public areas have high-speed wired & wireless internet access provided by Swisscom. All rates include complimentary EXPRESS START breakfast for all persons. The hotel is within walking distance of Waverley Railway Station and St Andrews Square Bus Station. The Airlink 100 Bus goes from Waverely Bridge to Edinburgh Airport in 25-minutes. Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre is located near Broughton Street, George Street & Queen Street. The hotel is across from the Omni Centre with a choice of restaurants & a Vue Cinema. This Edinburgh City Centre hotel is a perfect choice if you are looking for a base near Edinburgh Castle, The Real Mary Kings Close , Edinburgh Dungeons and Holyrood or for events at Murryfield Stadium, Corn Exchange, Hearts Football Club, Hibernian Football Club or Meadowbank Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express - Edinburgh City Centre Scotland