“Always a winner ”
Review of Bodega

Bodega
Reserve with OpenTable
Bodega is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 2,754 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Mexican, Fusion, Street Food
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: A dream of flavour. Flavour that leaps out at you, gets you in a headlock & slaps your lycra-clad butt. Fresh, vibrant, fusion flavours like you get in california, new york, sydney & (gasp!) London.... After eating our way around all those places, we wanted to bring our little piece of the streetfood revolution to edinburgh. & So we did. BODEGA opened in august 2013 with a mini menu & a big plan: to bring tacos to town & change the way edinburghers felt about mexican. Our ethos was fresh, vibrant, innovative & exciting food. We hope we are delivering on that, because we sure keep getting excited about it.
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

We’ve been here a few times and I always forget to leave a review but after another great meal on Thursday it had to be done! Absolutely love this place. Nice small menu and everything on it is delicious. Service is perfect as well. Can’t fault it in any way

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

I have been eating alot of Mexican food in the capital recently but this place is the best. Small but not crowded, the food packs a huge flavour punch and left us all dreaming of more tacos! Great service, we will be back for sure!

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

First time eating genuine Mexican food, Everything from food, service,and attentive staff,top class, Food so flavoursome,from different flavoured dips, Taco's,beef,prawns, Tremendous!!Will definitely be back here.

2  Thank Douglas M
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

First time here and I can assure you it won't be my last .food was absolutely delicious. Service was excellent. Highly recommended

1  Thank cat7062
Reviewed August 22, 2017

I'm from the US and have eaten my fair share of Mexican food. I was really craving tacos, chips and salsa, but didn't feel right about eating it in Scotland because I assumed I'd just be disappointed. Then a shop keeper highly recommended Bodega, and after looking at the menu online, I was intrigued.

The place is very, very small. Only seats about 14-16 people, so reservations are HIGHLY recommended. I got very lucky, though. Since I was eating alone and got there shortly after 7pm, the manager Chris told me he could squeeze me in for an hour long dinner which was perfect for me.

I ordered the chips and black bean & cheese dip as a starter and it was delicious. I physically had to move the bowl to the far edge of the table to stop shoveling it into my mouth because I wanted to save room for my roast squash tacos. So freaking good! Pairing it with Mango Jarritos soda was the perfect complement.