“Really great cafe and brilliant owner”
Review of Le Cafe Bleu

Le Cafe Bleu
Ranked #4 of 148 Coffee & Tea in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Cafe, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Town
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really great cafe and brilliant owner”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have visited this cafe quite a few times with my wife for coffee or coffee with lunch. The atmosphere is really nice and the coffee excellent. The food is also great and owner is a nice person to chat with. We certainly recommend it for a visit!

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Amazing cafe, very friendly owner”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I visited this cafe today with my girlfriend and had a great time, the owner was very friendly and the coffee was incredible! I will definitely be visiting again

Taastrup, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good soup and pleasant staff!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The owner is very nice, and altogether with the fair prices and the delicious soup, I had a good experience :)

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit for value and great quality food.”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We made a point of seeking this little cafe out on our recent trip to Edinburgh, after finding the wealth of reviews on here that sing its praises. It's close proximity to our hotel on Lauriston Place made it a perfect stop off for some late breakfast.
Le Cafe Bleu is a very new place, which we found out after a conversation with the owner about what brought him to Edinburgh. After just four months of being open, he is doing a fantastic job.
Le Cafe Bleu is quite small and is in the middle of a face-lift, but this didn't detract from the quality of the food and coffee. I would highly recommend the pancakes with fresh fruit, which I ate on both of my visits to Le Cafe Bleu.
I wish the charming owner all the luck in the world. His humble attitude to what he is trying to acheive is enough to motivate anyone to jack in he rat race and start a new adventure.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

A friend of mine took me here for soup and falafel, and I was not disappointed. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the food is creative and delicious (especially the soup). The prices are reasonable and I will definitely be going back!

Visited October 2013