“Excellent well-rounded and flexible tour”
Review of Wallace Cycle Tours - CLOSED

Wallace Cycle Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: A city centre bicycle tour offering a refreshing way to discover the beauty of Edinburgh, while getting a little bit of exercise. A fun, laid-back way to spend a day in Scotland's capital in the company of a local guide.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Craig provided an excellent tour. He adapted to accommodate my schedule for Fringe and interest in particular sites, and was able to address the countless questions that I asked. He is a young guy, but that did not detract at all from the tour. He had his logistics down pat, and was very communicative throughout the booking process, even going so far as to suggest good shows for the Fringe. Craig has spent most of his life in the Edinburgh area so he knew the lay of the land well.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a different way to see lots of Edinburgh in a short time. I wasnt staying long, but i didnt want to take a tour bus, as they are pretty superficial.

Luckily i met Craig of Wallace Cycle Tours, and he showed me the side of Edinburgh which you dont see on the bus tour: hills, tunnels, alleyways, canals, the lot! What an awesome experienceand entertaining guide! I would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I were considering what to do during our last day in Edinburgh. We saw a poster advertising Craig's bike tour and gave him a call to book. We probably woke the poor guy up, calling late :). We were not disappointed with our choice. We had an amazing day riding around with our sweet helmets and matching bikes. Craig took the two of us on a personal tour, describing the landscape and many hidden gems in Edinburgh. I really learned a lot. Biking around the volcano was amazing! We biked pretty hard so we had time to turn a bit of our day into a pub tour. We stopped at a couple pubs and even grabbed ice cream for a little picnic in the park. It was honestly like hanging out with an old friend. He was knowledgable and professional, but also incredibly friendly and goofy. He asked about our lives and shared his. It is amazing to meet genuine people like this in the world. It's even more amazing when you can share the experience with someone you love, on a bike, in one of the most intriguing cities in Europe. Highly recommend this tour. And this guy :)

wallacebikeedinburgh, Owner at Wallace Cycle Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Ashley and Tad were the nicest couple, it was a pleasure to spend the day with them. We stopped for a couple of refreshments along the way ;) but also managed to see the best parts of the city!

Very chilled day with two of the friendliest people, I hope I make it to Saskatchewan one day and maybe we can go moose watching :-)

Hope you enjoyed your stay here guys!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Craig is a jolly chap willing to tailor the bike tour around your needs. I had a great time in the bike tour with him. He knows a lot about the city and we spent about 3 hours ridging to different parts of Edinburgh and got to learn and see a lot of the city outside the main tourist attractions. I would highly recommend this it to anyone willing to ride bicycles to see the city. One of the best I have done in my travels.

Cheers,
Venkat

wallacebikeedinburgh, Owner at Wallace Cycle Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

It was a pleasure to spend the day with you Venkat! Awesome to hear your feedback and I'm really happy you enjoyed your time in Edinburgh :D It was funny the next day, glad you guys joined me for that coffee!

Have fun dude!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Early morning, I was waiting for a guide for a walking tour of Edinburgh when spotted a board "Wallace Cycle Tour" (Royal Male, opposite Starbucks), a boy approached me...so it started.

With a good bike, a helmet, a bottle of water and the best guide 4 hours experience of Edinburgh from the back side, from the top, the fringe, through a tunnel, tiny alleys, the lochs, the local village pub...in direct contact with beautiful nature...and views, views, views. Back words I rode even through the City Center (left side!) safely following Craig's instructions.

In one word The Best of Edinburgh!

Thank you Craig, I wish you all the best.

Vesna (a senior tourist from Slovenia)

3  Thank vesna g

Vesna was an absolute champ on the bicycle! We managed to see a lot of the city, even stopping for an amazing lunch in The Sheeps Heid :) Even though we had to get her back before her partner worried where she'd got too we managed to see the best parts of Edinburgh and at a relaxed pace. Altogether a great day, good conversations, exercise and sun!!

Hope you enjoyed Edinburgh Vesna!!