“Worst place I have eaten in Edinburgh!”
Review of Inca

Inca
Ranked #1,422 of 2,572 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I visited this restaurant last year with friends, but the food was terrible. I had some kind of seafood risotto, which arrived with hardly any seafood, but with random chips stuck in! If I had not been with friends (who were paying), I would have sent it back! The owner is very friendly, but we were moved downstairs to the soulless basement dining area, and then back upstairs again. I visit Edinburgh every summer for the festival, and have eaten out in lots of great places, but would never go back here!

1  Thank Jeanthelibraryqueen5

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have had a flat in Bruntsfield for more than 10 years, but had always passed by Inca. I'm not sure why - maybe just because there are so many places to choose from nearby.

However, I went for the first time a few weeks ago with my son after a visit to the Cinema. The service was so friendly and the food so home-made tasting that I returned last week for supper with a friend. She has lived in Morningside for 25 years but had never been to Inca either.

The proprietor was so friendly and welcoming; he made us feel like regular customers even though we're not.

Again the food was nice, though a bit over-garlicked for me. But all in all, the combination of friendly service and simple, home-cooked food means that I will add Inca to my list of regular dining places.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been visiting this restaurant for many years and are never disappointed. From the friendly service to the lovely food and great choice. Always a pleasure to visit.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Visited this place as part of a bachelor party, and whilst the people working there are pleasant enough and offer a decent level of service, the surroundings left a lot to be desired - cutlery was scuffed, and the décor just looked a little bit dated like it hadn't been updated in the last 20 years.

Food wise, it was ok, but the presentation did look a bit bland and I think it could have been a bit warmer. Length of time for service was ok, given the size of the party I was with!

Other things to note, well, what I didn't get was the playing of the corny, romantic music. It would be fine if you're in a restaurant at night, great, no problem with that, but mid-afternoon?!? Music choice could have been better.

What really didn't impress me though was on a trip to the restrooms, I did notice a few bits of loose wiring in the ceiling, which isn't a great image to portray and just shows a lack of care and attention. The male bathroom itself, well, it's cramped to say the least - I had to move in a certain way just to close the door.

If the place had a bit of re-furb, and staff gave a little bit more TLC to the presentation of the place, then I believe it could look as good as competitors such as Fabio's and La Lanterna, but

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Inca was suggested a while ago by a friend when organising a get together and now it is now our favourite meeting place due to the fab food and the friendly welcome and nothing is any bother attitude of the owner.
Last night I took my parents and husband for a special meal and they have not stopped raving about it since. Again they mentioned the friendliness of the owner, who not only serves the food but also cooks it. The food was amazing and very reasonably priced.
If I were to find any issues with this restaurant it would be that the tables are slightly too small however it would not stop me from returning.
This restaurant offers great food with a personal touch and as a small independent business derserves to thrive. Love it :)