All reviews sean connery scottish person tunnocks tea cake lively bar great boutique west end boutique hotel princes street lovely hotel no air con birthday weekend mini bar full scottish breakfast checking out would stay again comfy bed standard room
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the moment we walked through the door, the staff did everything they could to make our stay a comfortable and happy one. Our rooms were above average. The location is excellent. Will return to this hotel on all future visits to Edinburgh.

Date of stay: August 2019
HollieC269, Front Office Manager at Angels Share Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Lynn60726,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the room!

Thanks for mentioning the team, we really are happy to help and want to make your experience with us as comfortable and memorable as possible.

Once again thank you for your amazing review, we hope to welcome you back to the hotel sometime very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is very centrally located with everything you could need within a short walking distance. The rooms are tastefully decorated with good facilities. Our room was small but had everything we needed, so wasn't a problem. We loved the bar and enjoyed a few cocktails during our stay and some live music over the weekend. We only ate breakfast during our staff, which was very good. The staff were really lovely and nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely return. Highly recommend this place

Hi Sarah T,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us such an amazing review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your time at the hotel and found the location to be handy for exploring the city.

I am so pleased you joined us for breakfast and took the time to try out our wonderful bar! Our talented bar tenders are always hard at work so create an amazing experience. Thank you for also mentioning the hard working team, we really care about your time with us and it so wonderful to hear that you will recommend us.

Once again many thanks for your kind words, I hope to welcome you back to the hotel sometime very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a rather awkward welcome to the hotel when I stepped into the reception straight off the street, and was met with what I can only describe as a coach party having their evening meal in the dimly lit lobby. Felt as though I was walking straight into a private party. Each room is named after a Scottish celebrity. Nothing wrong in that but trying to sleep with a giant picture of David Coulthard over the bed is a bit unsettling! Rooms have very dark décor; in contrast the lighting is harsh. There's very little natural lighting as the room looked straight out onto another building. Bedside lights inadequate and only 1 working which left the room feeling dingy. Lots of external noise at night …. almost like the sound of a washing machine on continuous cycle, couldn't work out what it was but it was loud enough to make it difficult to sleep. Speaking of which, I have stayed in lots of hotels around the world and I have NEVER had a bed so high in my life! I'm 5'6" and literally had to step up to get into bed! Not a good choice if you have any sort of physical impairment. The bed was also very hard with an ill-fitting mattress topper which had the strange effect of feeling hard and lumpy at the same time. After a not-so-good night's sleep I thought I'd compensate with the gorgeous deep bath in the bathroom, but alas no plug in the bath! Had to ask 3 times before the invoice was sent to me (on checking out, on email, on the phone) I paid £153 for 1 night stay at this hotel. At this rate, the hotel should be delivering more. One positive, the bathroom towels are nice and fluffy

• Trip type: Traveled on business
HollieC269, Front Office Manager at Angels Share Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi 781Mimi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and will use your comments to improve upon.

I apologise that the hotel was not to your liking. We pride ourselves on our welcoming check in, and comfy beds and are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy these. I would also like to apologise for your bed side light being unavailable along with the missing bath plug, we do try to rectify any issues like these immediately.

I would also like to apologise for not delivering your invoice as requested. This is not our usual standard as we also try to accommodate our guest requests immediately.

Once again, thank you for your review. Should you wish to discuss these points further, please contact me directly at reception.manager@angelssharehotel.com.

Many thanks,

Hollie Croan

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed in Edinburgh for four nights and could not have picked a better hotel. The location is perfect, only a minute or so from where the bus stops on the way to the airport, and it's surprisingly quiet while still being close to the city center and the busy roads. The staff was really nice and helpful as well. Would definitely come back.

Date of stay: August 2019

Hi radi0styrd,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time in Edinburgh and found the hotel's location to be convenient. As you mention, we are located in the heart of the city centre, however have a wonderful location just off the main street.

Thank for mentioning the hard working team, I will pass along your feedback and they will be delighted to have been acknowledged. we truly care about your stay with us and are always happy to help.

Once again, thank you for your kind words, I hope we can welcome you back sometime soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here while up in Edinburgh for a friend’s wedding at the Traverse Theatre and the hotel staff couldn’t have been more helpful and friendly. I stayed at The Cally earlier in the year and can confidentially say Angels Share beat them hands down.

We arrived on the sleeper, and after a call the day before to arrange it, we were able to check in early so we could get to the wedding without being a sweaty mess. The hotel is very centrally situated at the west end of Princes Street so it was a short walk to the Traverse.

We stayed in Shirley Mason which was big enough for our overnight stay but didn’t skimp in the size of the bathroom.

Breakfast was good - the beef and haggis sausage was excellent.

I’d happily stay here again but next time I’ll make sure I book directly with the hotel - this time I got scammed and inadvertently used a third party site which cost more for a single night room only than going direct for b&b. Plus if you are a returning guest you get a discount code!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HollieC269, Front Office Manager at Angels Share Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2019

Hi IssyStark,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such an amazing review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the room to be suitable. The Shirley Manson room is one of my favourites! Thank you for joining us for breakfast, as its the most important meal of the day, it is important to get it right!

Please do get in touch next time, as we will always offer you the best deals and discounts directly, and we would love to welcome you back to the hotel sometime soon!

Once again, many thanks,