All reviews sean connery butler room tunnocks tea cake great boutique boutique hotel west end no air con princes street lovely hotel birthday weekend mini bar room number full scottish breakfast ironing board would stay again comfy bed long weekend
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

From arrival our stay here couldn’t have been better. Rooms were fantastic, we arrived early so the staff looked after our luggage, on our return it was neatly placed in our room. We also ate in the restaurant one evening..great steaks. We were here for a birthday celebration, the staff couldn’t have been more friendly & helpful.. will certainly return here.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hollie C, Front Office Manager at Angels Share Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled with your feedback and will pass your comments onto the team. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and meal with us in the restaurant. We work hard to provide the best guest experience possible and are so glad you found that to be the case.

We would love to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

We loved this charming hotel. It's location was an easy walk to all of the things we wanted to see in Edinburgh. The check in area is a bit odd as it's only a small desk, but the people manning it were awesome. The rooms were a bit small (no dresser and only a 12 inch wide closet) with no AC but there was a fan to keep the air moving. The bed was very comfortable. The bar and restaurant were very charming and good. I would definitely stay there again!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi there, many thanks for your review of our hotel.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the bar and restaurant. As we are a boutique hotel our check in experience is a little different and our fantastic reception team are always around to help out, I will pass your feedback onto the team and they will be delighted with your comments.

Many thanks once again,

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Stopped in for dinner, lucky enough to coincide with great music duo. Food was fantastic, service superior. Decided to book room on return to Edinburgh and the hotel was fantastic as well. The staff really are amazing, some of the finest professionals I've encountered. I've read that some folks have issues with noise from the street and ba downstairs, but the Sean Connery room was very peaceful. Highly recommend both hotel and restaurant. This will be my go-to hotel when I'm in Edinburgh.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi there, many thanks for your wonderful review of our hotel.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us, and decided to stay in the hotel. I will pass your comments onto our team and they will be thrilled with your feedback. We always strive to provide the best experience possible for our guests and genuinely care about your time with us.

We look forward to having you back in the future,

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and it was a great little hotel in a central location. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are small, but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean. I did love the themed rooms (each named after a famous Scotsman or woman), it was a great concept.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and our Scottish theme. The location is ideal for getting around Edinburgh.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

Access was good pretty sure I remember it as a bank! My husband's cullen skink was wonderful - high praise in deed. My salmon was awash in a broth and not very tasty, as a rule I never add salt but this dish needed it. Pleasant ambient surroundings very impressive bar, I may try it again.

Room tip: I was here for lunch.
Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank edinburgheateries
Hollie C, Front Office Manager at Angels Share Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Hi there, thanks for your review. The building used to be the Hope St Post Office! We are glad you enjoyed your experience overall and hope you will come and see us again soon.