“good food and great service”
Review of Blackfriars Restaurant - CLOSED

Blackfriars Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed August 27, 2013

this is a little of the beaten track, although during the Fringe we beat many tracks! The food is excellent - try the pork pie and the waitresses smiley and efficient. The interior is a little sparse - a bit works' canteen but more than made up by everything else. NOTE the sign outside is still that of the previous occupant "BO"

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Luckily,we had local recommendations about this hidden gem of a restaraunt,just off The Royal Mile.The very select number of specialities were all very tempting,but I decided on Hake,which was amazing.
All our choices had locally sourced ingredients, and was cooked to perfection. We enjoyed the service ,which was very efficient and friendly.We highly recommend Blackfriars Restaraunt.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Was very excited to read about this new restaurant as it sounded just like my mind of place. Very short menu which in my mind is no bad thing but specials were very pricey. Crab starter and langoustine main racked up the bill along with an overpriced fizz. Steak was ok but nothing amazing. Overall nice enough but not worth the price tag.

1  Thank Kitty P
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just had one of the nicest meals while visiting Edinburgh. Small menu, but for us it was reassuring, as it meant all the food was freshly prepared & cooked. Very friendly and helpful service.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a great lunch in Blackfriars, the fried egg and black pudding was amazing as was flat iron steak and then there was their homemade soda bread which is to die for and I may be mistaken but I am sure the butter was homemade too which just made the soda bread taste even better, to be honest worth a visit for the soda bread, just in case I am not getting my point across the soda bread is the best I have ever tasted