“Perfect Easter break”
other travelers have booked this property
Edinburgh Castle - as seen from the sitting room
View of Edinburgh Castle and hill as seen from inside the apartment, through sitting room windows.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Sitting Room with Dining Table
Sitting Room
King size bed in the master bedroom
The bedroom with king size bed.
Built in wardrobe in the bedroom
Bathroom
Bathroom
Kitchen
Kitchen
We have a comprehensive set of guide books.
Green Star shows proximity to Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Grassmarket, Princes Street Gardens
Edinburgh Farmers' Market is on your doorstep
External view of the Building with statue of Queen Victoria
Statue of Queen Victoria on the Roof
Castle Terrace Michelin restaurant is next door.
View of the fireworks from the apartment.
Edinburgh Castle Hill as seen from the Sitting Room windows
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Gosia G
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect Easter break”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I stayed in this lovely, comfortable and luxurious apartment over the Easter and it wouldn't be a better introduction to Edinburg and Scotland. My first visit here so I wanted this to be a perfect one. Firstly I settled in the flat very easy as it is spacious, elegant, light, very clean, with comfortable bed (very comfortable!) and obviously the view of the Castle! You get what you see in the pictures of the flat.
Secondly I was very lucky with weather too. Apparently you don’t get too many sunny days in Edinburgh. I got all three of them so exploring the city was a pleasure. The location of this apartment is so central that I was walking everywhere. This is the best way to explore this beautiful city and there is so much to see. And for a person travelling alone it was very safe and secure walking back to flat at night.
After all day walking and sightseeing it was sooooo good to be able to relax in such private, relaxing and cosy atmosphere this flat provides. It felt like being home from home. Add to this a glass of wine and the view of the Castle from the front room. Bliss!!!
My wish came true!
Thanks to you Kitty. 
You are great hostess and I will be back for more.

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
May 28, 2014
Thank you Gosia, you certainly picked a fantastic weekend to visit! Hope to see you again soon, Kitty
Zara B
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Stunning apartment with a stunning view to match - highly recommended!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

This apartment is absolutely fabulous. It is really warm and homely with beautiful furniture and fittings throughout. The apartment was immaculately clean and is centrally located. It has a lovely view of the castle from the living room windows.

All of the attractions are very close by (within walking distance), we particularly liked the Grassmarket and the Royal Mile.

The owner, Kitty was very friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and will definitely return in the near future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, comfy bed, beautiful furnishings.
Liked least: Parking! (expensive and a severe lack of it in Edinburgh unfortunately, however not the owners fault!)
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Older travelers
KittycatK...
Manchester
“A classy Castle haven”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

I booked this apartment for Valentines weekend to celebrate my husbands birthday, our 6-month wedding anniversary and Valentines day and it was an absolute little haven in the centre of Edinburgh!
Kitty was an absolute joy to rent from and met us on arrival to show us around and give us fantastic hints and tips about lovely places to go and restaurants to visit. The apartment is just gorgeous - in a perfect location for walking around Edinburgh and with an incredible Castle view! The quality of everything inside - the classic decoration, the lovely antique furnture and the tweedy Scottish wool throws were just gorgeous. We were at home straight away (especially with the Laura Ashley touches!). And it was immaculately clean.
The whole rental process was super easy and the communication from Kitty was fantastic. I couldnt recommend this apartment more highly. Just lovely!

Mar 11, 2014
I enjoyed reading your review Sarah, thank you for taking the time to write this. Yes, I have to say I think Castle Terrace is really suited to the romantic city break.. nothing like looking out onto Edinburgh Castle all lit up at night... Let's hope you can make another visit for a future anniversary. It was lovely to meet you both. All the best, Kitty
RubyShoes...
Bangor, Northern Ireland
“Luxurious, cosy and perfect for a romantic mini-break”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We stayed in Kitty's glorious apartment in February for my husband's birthday.

Kitty was extremely courteous and helpful at all stages of our booking - both in responding to my (many) queries before our stay, and also on arrival.

I chose an apartment for our stay because I suffer from fibromyalgia and often need to rest during the day and wanted the flexibility of self catering accommodation and the privacy it affords. I can have limited mobility. I booked the apartment in the full knowledge that there were four flights of stairs from street level simply because it ticked every other box and I thought if all else failed my husband could always haul me up like a sack of potatoes!

I would say that if you suffer similar mobility issues you would also need to bear this in mind as it is a factor. In our case even though I was exhausted each day from all the walking we did (there are a lot of hills and steps in Edinburgh!) I set my jaw and was just about able to get up and down the stairs through brute determination. Nothing was going to keep me from that glorious bed and feather and down duvet!

The fact that I was willing to do this, and the fact that I would return to the apartment in a heartbeat, perhaps even to move in for good if Kitty would let me, should be an indication of how much we loved our stay.

The apartment is pretty and welcoming inside. The decor is classic and chic with Scottish touches here and there - my favourite being the cosy Johnstons of Elgin wool rugs dotted around. We have these at home and I love them. Again due to the fibromyalgia one of my main concerns on holiday would be keeping warm and I found the apartment cosy and the bed warm and comfortable. A big plus!

The kitchen is a very well equipped galley style, the bathroom is small but very well fitted out and with a good shower. The bedroom is a decent size and as I've said before, the bed and bedding gets 11 out of 10 in my opinion.

And yes, the view from the lounge really is directly across to Edinburgh Castle. It's on the other side of the street! Amazing! The lounge is where the dining table is situated and as others have mentioned we loved enjoying our breakfast (wearing the beautiful fluffy bathrobes provided I should say) whilst listening to the radio and surveying the ancient walls and and ramparts of Edinburgh's most famous landmark. Bliss.

The location is also very good. Edinburgh's main sights are fairly closely clustered together and if you are able bodied you will have no problems whatsever with walking everywhere. This apartment is on the edge of the oldest part of town and very convenient to the Grassmarket and Royal Mile. A very pleasant walk through Princes Street Gardens takes you to the New Town.

All in all a totally delightful, luxurious and restful stay in our favourite city. Just what we needed and soon to be repeated I hope. Well done Kitty and thank you!

Liked best: The luxury!
Liked least: The stairs.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Feb 27, 2014
What can I say except thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and I feel quite humbled by your kind comments. It is really good to hear your appreciation for all the little extras which are intended to make your stay more comfortable. I look forward to seeing you both again. With best wishes, Kitty
Dorset
Reviewed February 25, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
GlasgowWi...
Glasgow
“Perfect location nice and quiet and handy tips”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We booked in here for 2 nights for my birthday trip to Edinburgh. The location is perfect right behind the castle, off the main pub routes so making it quiet and within easy reach of all the tourist attractions. The flat has a lovely sitting room with views of the castle, a bathroom with shower and a bath, a really quiet bedroom and a long galley style kitchen. The advantages of an apartment are numerous getting up when you want and returning as many times as you want, no noise from other people going down to breakfast as you can make your own anytime. There was a great farmers market outside on the Saturday which was good for supplies and a supermarket around the corner. Kitty was there to meet us and gave us some great tips. I wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

Liked best: Quiet location
Liked least: Door at entrance had a technique to opening.
Swansea
Reviewed February 13, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Feb 13, 2014
Thank you so much for this lovely review, and I am glad that your mother was able to cope with the stairs - as you say, they are not steep. I am so glad you were comfortable, depsite being on the sofa bed and look forward to welcoming you back to Castle Terrace very soon. With best wishes. Kitty
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing