“Beautiful food, fabulous service”
Review of Fatma Restaurant - CLOSED

Fatma Restaurant
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is my favourite Lebanese restaurant in Edinburgh, been a couple or times now and the food is always outstanding! The staff couldn't be nicer and last time we went they gave us some complimentary Arabic sweets at the end of our meal! Would recommend to anyone!

There are newer reviews for Fatma Restaurant

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Had a very pleasant meal here.The starters and mains courses were beautifully prepared and presented - and were very tasty too! If I had a minor gripe, it was about the rice - which was cooked perfectly (every single grain was separate) but was slightly greasy. However, that was not enough to spoil the meal.

The staff were very friendly and attentive, without being in your face, and we look forward to a return visit!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

What can I say well prepared tasty food with fantastic service from start to finish nothing was too much trouble even when they were busy thanks

2  Thank clarkedale74
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Ate her with friends and had a below average meal. Granted it was a Monday night, so there were literally 3 other people in the place, so not a great atmosphere.

We ordered 6 'mezze' type starters, which were delicious and some of the best I have tasted. These were between £5 and £7 each.

The mains arrived and we all had something different. Three of us have travelled round the Middle East so we know what the food should/does taste like, and I have to say this was nothing like it. Mains averaged between £12-£15 (but can go up to £18)

I had the Spicy Lamb Stew - which wasn't spicy in anyway at all, and honestly had very little taste of anything. It had spinach, lentils and Lamb (which was cooked to perfection) but I honestly couldn't tell you it tasted of anything.

Someone else had the Veggie tomato dish - it looked like a Ragu Pasatta.

Kofta type meatballs - were nice-ish, but again let done with a bad 'pasta sauce' covered over them.

Haddock and prawn dish - looked great, but it was very greasy and appeared to be re-fried.

Overall wasn't a great experience and I personally didn't think it was value for money.

I'm giving it a 3* rating as the staff were nice and the starters were brilliant, otherwise it would have been a 2*.

Sorry Fatma. I really wanted to love it.

2  Thank Huskyrides
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We've eaten here a few times over the last few years and it has always been excellent. They do delicious, fresh authentic dishes and the staff are always friendly and keen to tell you more about the dishes. Tends to get overlooked because of the bigger restaurants nearby but this is well worth a visit. (make sure you leave room for pudding too!)

3  Thank Leithlady