2,796 results
All reviews waverley station cockburn street royal mile great location old town plug sockets airport bus continental breakfast boiled eggs rooms are basic a stones throw christmas market central location double bed would definitely stay here again shower room short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As residents of Edinburgh, my then fiance and I chose Motel One for our wedding party’s accommodation We all stayed the night before our wedding and the night of our big day. From beginning to end the staff went above and beyond to make our stay a very special one. We can not recommend this hotel highly enough for anyone looking for a city centre stay. Super central, reasonably priced, fab rooms and tasty breakfast plus amazing front of house. What more could you ask for? So grateful to the whole staff who made our stay stress free and super special. Thank you.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here during August for the Edinburgh Fringe for 2 nights. Thought it was a great location, close to the train station, close to the Royal Mile, everywhere was easily walkable.

The decor inside is really nice and modern. The rooms were a decent size and the bed was very comfy! My only complaint would be that the 2 different pillows in the room were either too big/fluffy or too firm, could do with an inbetween.

Our room was in the Cockburn street part of the hotel, not recommended for those who can't walk easily as it is a bit of a maze to get to that part of the hotel. But we found it fine! Our room had a window that opened out on to Cockburn street but we didn't hear any noise in the morning or night which was great, as that was a worry when we first arrived and opened the window to see street performers right outside but it was a very peaceful sleep.

Would definitely look at staying here again if I'm in Edinburgh.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I chose this property for a one night stop-over on the way back from Inverness to London. The location is perfect for those travelling by public transport. Ideal for exploring the old or the new towns on foot. It is an old style typical Edinburgh building, although in a busy location, I did not experience any noise. The price is also much cheaper than most of the very expensive hotels in the City Centre. I arrived several hours early but the very friendly lady on reception said it was not a problem as some rooms were already available. She gave me the choice of a low floor or high. As there was a lift, I went for high (6th floor). I also added the continental breakfast to my booking, about £9.50. My room was very clean and well presented. Large comfortable double bed with plenty of nice pillows. Side tables at the bed, shelves, desk and chair. No wardrobe but hooks on the wall. Air management system worked well. The bathroom was very modern and clean with a choice of shower. Very helpful, friendly staff in the Bar. Loved the lighting, loads of hanging decanters. Ideal venue for a Gin-Lover. Good selection of food for Breakfast. There is no restaurant but plenty of seats were available in the bar area. Efficient check out and secure room for storage of cases whilst waiting to travel. Will definitely consider stopping here again.

Room tip: Go for a high floor.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for one night whilst visiting Edinburgh. It’s 2 minutes walk from the Waverley Station and our room overlooked the Park. The place is beautifully furnished, cosy and our room had everything we needed. We had a lovely continental breakfast too. Staff couldn’t do enough. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came on the train to Edinburgh, could see it once we came out of the station. Perfect location to explore Edinburgh. Lovely breakfast although continental plenty of choice and a lot of Scottish foods which was lovely to try. Would stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled on business