I'm all about saving money while traveling, but there's got to be a line drawn, and Motel One draws it.
-Awesome Location: Right next to Waverly Station which is in the heart of everything
-Modern Decor: Everything's been remodelled recently so it has a new feel with nice, modern bathrooms
- It's Cheap
-Good first impression
- Noisy- I'm not sure there is any insulation in the walls
- The average age seems to be quite young, which isn't an issue except for between the hours of 2 and 4 am when they come back from the pubs loud and drunk
-Breakfast: Ours wasn't included so we paid the £7.50 a person for one of our mornings before seeing it. There's a few cereals laid out with some yogurt and toast. Tea and coffee are available. The croissants were good. But you can get much better food for cheaper at a great cafe (Southern Cross Cafe, check out my review) just a 3 minute walk up the hill. Plus then you're supporting a small Scottish business.
-We paid extra for a room with a view but the window was so small. It wasn't worth it.
-The rooms are very small, even after paying extra. There is no closet, which can be normal in European hotels, but you might want to know that before going in.
-No phones in the room. Again not such a big deal with mobile phones now, but something you should know.
- If you enjoy a stiff bed, you're all good sleeping here. If not, good luck!
I wanted to like this place, but when going back to visit Edinburgh, we won't be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel One Edinburgh-Royal has prime position in the hub of the city, on bustling Market Street, a stone’s throw from the Waverley Railway Station and the Royal Mile, close to the shopping strip, main attractions, businesses, and popular nightlife.Based on the concept "Great design for little money" the Motel One brand offers high standards of service and great design for budget conscious guests in city centre locations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HRS, Hotel.de, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Motel One Edinburgh-Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel One Edinburgh-Royal Scotland