“attentiveness at bristo”

Cuisines: Italian, Scottish, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Last month we two ladies decided (even though we are from Glasgow!) to have a visit to Edinburgh.We ,looking for a place for lunch,gave Princes St a miss,decided to take ourselves to
Greyfriars Bobby area.Not happy with the pub prices there,we started to walk back to town.On doing so,we passed Bristo,and were delighted with the menu there.A man by the name of Johnnie was in charge,and he even took time to come over personally to explain one of the dishes we weren't familiar with(have only ever had genuine attention and interest in the make up of the dish at Glenskirlie,Banknock)
Enough said!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Ordered Croque Monsieur And a pot of Loose Leaf Tea.It was very well presented on a board,homemade coleslaw and skinny fries in a metal tub(which kept them nice and hot). Decided to treat myself to a G&T. The bill came to £8.74, What a bargain in the middle of Edinburgh.The waiter told me they will have free comedy during the Festival starting at around 12.30. I know where I will have lunch during the Fringe.The staff are very welcoming too.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

2nd time I've visited here and again very impressed, staff are happy, food is very good and had lots of the west beer. Top marks Bristo. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting the area over the fringe! :)

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Mac n cheese was good, but veggie burger was a more like black bean mush. Tasty...but could have eaten it with a spoon. Good wine, friendly service...nice neighborly bar. Walls lined with antique books a major plus.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Me, my wife and our baby girl (21 months) had a very nice lunch at the Bristo bar and Kitchen. The staff where very helpful in producing a high chair (well one that attaches to the table), very friendly and even produced colouring pencils. They have a kids and a toddlers menu and although I think the chef was ad-libbing a bit, produced chips and a mini burgers for the little girl. Reasonably priced, reasonable pub fair. Great to visit if you've been at the National Museum of Scotland.