“Fantastic, what a find!!”
Review of The Bristo Bar and Kitchen - CLOSED

The Bristo Bar and Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian, Scottish, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Found this little gem on this site and thought we'd give it a go. Fantastic food, reasonably priced and top service. I had the steak with haggis and whiskey cream sauce. Wonderful flavours, perfectly cooked and well presented. My girlfriend had the burger which was a similar high quality. Staff were attentive and clearly this place has the customer at heart. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who's visiting or lives in the Edinburgh area!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Went for some dinner and stayed for the open-mic night. Food was really reasonably priced with a good portion size to match. Great atmosphere with a great drinks selection...the boys were particularly fond of the beer on offer. Will definitely be visiting the venue more regularly!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Shame that Trip Advisor gives nothing between "average" and "very good". This place I'd classify as "good". It does the usual bar range of food, plus some interesting looking dishes too. I went for a ribeye steak - a bit gristly in parts, but generally pretty good, served with fries, a salad, coleslaw and onion rings. Not at all bad.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had lunch here last week and it was excellent. One of the party had Arbroath smokie risotto and said it was delicious - an unusual combination but, if you like smoked fish, you would love it. I had a ribeye steak which was cooked perfectly and came with salad, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion rings and chips - a very substantial plateful and really tasty. The wine was very drinkable although there was not a big selection.Total bill including 2 bottles of wine was a very reasonable £51. Service was very friendly and efficient. I would have no hesitation in returning to The Bristo Bar and Kitchen and, in fact, will probably be doing so this weekend!

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is an awesome find!! Walked past randomly and decided to go in. Our server Stevie couldn't have been more attentive from the moment we walked in. Really interested in what we liked and gave us some great food and drink recommendations. I will definitely be back with more friends and maybe sample a few more cocktails!