“Delicious healthy food with warm efficient service”
Review of Orb raw food cafe - CLOSED

Orb raw food cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Claire makes incredibly delicious raw meals. I went in for lunch which was so good that I ended up ordering a take away dinner as well. Both Claire and Lizzy are super helpful and genuinely nice people. The ambiance of the cafe is relaxed and inviting. I felt like I was visiting family because of the warmth of the place.

Definitely felt healthier after a couple of days of vegan eating (I am vegetarian not vegan); quite honestly, I didn't know vegan food could taste so good. For dessert one day, I had a chocolate torte, delicious!

On my last day in Edinburgh, I stopped into the cafe in the morning for a lunch to go so that I wouldn't have to endure airport food. Claire made a delicious vegan pasta dish.

The pina colada smoothie is scrumptious.

Only downside is that the cafe isn't located in my home city!

1  Thank ScanDesign

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Everyone should go here, it really is amazing. The food is delicious!! Can't wait to return. Staff are lovely too. Thank you for an amazing experience.

1  Thank rachellamb
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I just wish I lived in Edinburgh so I could eat at Orb several times a week. I visited with my daughter who has been trying to educate me about raw food for a while. Now I understand her enthusiasm. Our starters of gazpacho and a salad were very tasty. I loved the little onion wafers that came with the soup. For main courses we had veggie burger and lasagne which we shared. Both totally unlike anything I've ever had and really delicious. I don't like sweet things but agreed to try a dessert - chocolate rose tart. Wow, it was sublime! The pecan tart was also good but sweeter. Both came with lovely coconut ice cream.
The people were lovely too, so all in all it was a fab experience and we can't wait to go back.

1  Thank MissMairead
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was surprised and overjoyed when I discovered that a Raw Food Cafe had opened in Edinburgh – whenever I’m in London I always have lunch in Vitao (and sometimes SAF) and often wished that something similar existed closer to home. Now it does! Orb (Organic, Raw, Bountiful) is an informal 100% vegan raw cafe – it’s a tad off the beaten track – on Morrison Street , though really close to Haymarket train station – I have to say, however, that I would trek far and wide to find a place such as this that serves just mouth-watering organic raw vegan dishes.

I’ve had a few puddings there (chocolate hazelnut mud pie, lemon and chocolate tart, pumpkin pie) and they are all divine.

On the savoury side, my favourite so far has been the red pepper and tomato ‘quiche’ followed by ‘caramelised’ red onion tart, oh and the raw ‘pizza’ and the pad thai (made from raw organic celeriac) was yummy.

Good quality, organic, lovingly and well prepared food – often using a dehydrator isn’t going to come cheap – though ORB is what I consider good value for money.

Delicious smoothies – with almond nut milk are a must too.

If you’ve never had raw dishes before, keep an open mind – a ‘pizza’ in a vegan raw cafe isn’t like a standard ‘pizza’ – it’s just as delicious though, AND healthy.

The cafe is informal, light and spacious and they do take-away too (in fact this past week they’ve even prepared all my lunches and dinners for me so that I can be 100% raw). The owners are lovely and really open minded.

3  Thank KayeEdinburgh
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Having just visited this place I can 100% recommend it! We can enjoyed the Raw veg sushi, Nut burger, Raw pumpkin pie and raw chocolate tart. The place is 100% raw 100% organic and the venue is great. The staff are great very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Not only was it a great experience the food on the plate was like art. It was really great don't hesitate to go I will be going lots now!.

Thanks guys