“Fantastic find”
Review of The Galley Leith - CLOSED

The Galley Leith
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A new bar & bistro on the corner of Leith. Offering a fresh new seasonal menu of local sourced produce for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Menu changes daily, check our Facebook page for daily post updates. We can cater for all dietary requirements; specialising in using gluten free ingredients, and prepare fresh gluten free baking in house.
“Fantastic find”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have been to the galley twice in the past couple of months, each time the food was absolutely amazing, the staff are pleasant and knowledgeable. Each time we have been it has been very quiet, and we had hoped to keep this place our little secret, but to survive they will need more customers.

The food is well cooked and the portions huge. They even have bottles of real ales.

Pop along and give them a go, just don't tell anyone!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful new venue in Leith”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

What a lovely place The Galley is! A very warm welcome, prompt, cheerful service and food to die for. Nothing overtly fancy, just really good, tasty,large portions. That, if anything was my criticism, there was far too much of everything. Very good value for money, even with drinks the bill averaged out at £20 per person. Lovely décor and atmosphere. An added bonus is the fact that there is a wide gluten free menu. We will definately be back there!

• Visited February 2013
“Quality gastropub”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Just had an excellent meal at The Galley. Our main courses were delicious, cooked to perfection and well presented. I had a dessert which was also delicious; I had to finish it even though it was a huge portion. Good value for great quality food. We will definitely be back

1 Thank NGill1
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Galley - Great local bistro”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I live just off Elbe Street and was delighted to see the opening of The Galley on the corner of Elbe Street/ Salamander Street. (A welcome change to the usual pub). The Galley had been renovated to a high standard, the clean and fresh decor is welcoming and creates a nice chilled atmosphere.
I have been in twice, both times for coffee/breakfast. I had coffee which was great the first time, maybe a little strong for my liking the second time but good all the same. I had bacon rolls and these were prepared quickly and great value for money - under £2!!!! My husband had french toast with bacon and maple syrup, also great.
The service is good and staff friendly and welcoming. I am sure The Galley will continue to do well.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank pfedinburgh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A nice addition to this area long overdue!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I live on the same street and passed the galley and it looked great! A huge improvement on the very ugly pub that was there before.

I greeted by really friendly staff. I had a two shot cappuccino that was ok!

I then ordered the breakfast baguette that was huge and looked great (photo posted) but unfortunately the baguette was tough and stale which was a disappointment as the the quality of the haggis, bacon etc was good.

I will definitely give it another try and really hope that the place succeeds. We certainly need somewhere like the galley in this area!

1 Thank Paul P