“Lovely Homestay and Experience”

and 1 more site!
Cherrytrees Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #171 of 444 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Texas
“Lovely Homestay and Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wonderful B&B, sure to enhance your enjoyment of Edinburgh. This suburban home has been beautifully updated to comfortably care for guests. Our room was spacious, with a king size bed, a great mattress and pillows, closet for hanging clothes, desk with packets of teas, beverage mixes and treats, and a huge modern bathroom. I think the shower alone would make any stay a winner. Jan was most helpful with advice about using the bus, ordering entrance tickets online, and restaurants to try. She made fabulous cooked breakfasts for us, served in an elegant dining room. Now, about getting to City Centre: it is a snap and loads of fun to ride Bus 44. Both stops (to downtown and return) are on Lanark Rd in the same block as the B&B, and the stop name is "Stewart". Bus 44 route takes you straight up A70 and you can get off 3 different places on Princes Street downtown. It is a double-deck bus and the ride is a thrill in front on the upper level - highly recommended.
Get £1 and 50p coins to use for exact fare (£1.50 one way) or to buy a day pass £3.50. You can buy day passes with paper money, but you will not get any change back if you are over the fare price. Suit yourself.
Whether you are just passing through or staying for days, I believe this B&B is a great choice for a delightful and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Please pay no attention to my Fitness Center rating - it is an iPad app problem and means nothing, I...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LuvTravelGurl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Montrose, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Was at cherry trees bed and breakfast last week end,it was our 2nd stay,I would recomend cherry trees to anyone as it is a warm friendly establishment.
Jan made us feel really welcome,and very helpful with everything from times off buses,trains,and even taxi's etc.,
Rooms are excellent,very spacious,with en-suite bathrooms,the breakfast in lovely,fill's you up for the day.Made our visit to Edinburgh most memorable
I would sugest that anyone who is looking for a nice B&B to stay hear.
Thank you again Jan for making us feel most welcome :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barbara t
Avoch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just stayed one nigh at the Cherrytrees B&B. Great location for where I was traveling to and from and Jan and her husband went out of their way to look after me. Lovely big room, very clean and tidy and a wonderful shower which woke me up good and proper before my job interview.

Many thanks Jan for your hospitality!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Anna B
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I would highly recommend cherrytree b&b. Jan went out of her way to make us feel welcome and went out of her way to help. She gave lots of good advice and ensure we had a wonderful time. The room was lovely, well laid out and good value. Easy to access Edinburgh on the bus. I would highly recommend cherrytree especially as Jan was so helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have just returned from Edinburgh's Fringe and had to write about the wonderful stay I had at Cherrytrees B&B.

This accommodation was booked by my friend, so I had few expectations. However, upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the welcoming Jan and were given lots of valuable information about local services, including taxis, etc. Cherrytrees is set in a quiet and peaceful location and is around a 30 min bus ride / 15 min taxi journey from Princes Street.

Our room was lovely and spacious, impeccably clean and the bathroom was lovely. ( I want a shower like that at home!)

Due to our busy schedule, I didn't have time to properly sample the breakfast, however the fry-up smelt amazing and Jan ensured that I had some fruit to take with me each morning.

Jan went above and beyond and saved the day when, on the way to the airport, I realised I had forgotten my passport and keys in a chest of drawers. She immediately had it ferried to me in a taxi so that I didn't miss my flight. Thank you so much, Jan!!!

Highly recommended accommodation!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Deloraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Could not ask for a better host. Jan was extremely helpful and welcoming with a good knowledge of where to eat in town. The room was lovely with a big comfortable bed and great bathroom. Breakfast was great with no shortage of things to choose from.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hugh D
Merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just got back jan was so welcoming breakfast great and a lovely bedroom and large bathroom everywhere was spotless bus stop 2 minutes away could not ask for anything more thankyou jan only £1.50 for the bus into centre of Edinburgh central for everything

Room Tip: Very friendly
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family