“Our favourite takeaway”
Review of Curry Cafe

Curry Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Curry Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,311 of 2,505 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Our favourite takeaway”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This place is very good. We have never been let down and the curries are delicious. We are always trying out new takeaways but always come back to curry cafe and its the best.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Twinmummy94

Portsmouth
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I tried this cafe last week when me and my were in Edinburgh. We being Indians never venture out eating Indian food abroad as they are never quite the best taste. So when we entered this place we didn't expect anythings good. But to our surprise the food turned out to be nice, nice nan breads and curries. I have had dined even in Michelin star indian restaurants but I must say this was the best curry in UK so far. Highly recommended and great value for money. Indian food normally gives us an upset tummy the next day so I was prepared for it too. But yet again everything was normal the next day too. So if you are in Edinburgh and planning to eat out, don't mis this place.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Sibinsanks
Dalkeith
“Simply good curry”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is another of those small cafes in Edinburgh's Leith Walk that specialises in simple, good food, and friendly service. It is distinctly Indian (e.g. not Bangladeshi or Pakistani), and very welcoming. It is what it claims to be - a cafe that serves curry, and the dishes are imaginative and distinctive. We chanced in during Diwali, and at one point the cafe filled with friendly, cheerful and colourfully dressed local Hindus intent on having a good time. The owner wondered if we had been disturbed by this - but not in the least! It all added to the festive atmosphere. This little venture deserves every success, and we shall certainly be back. BYOB.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank CeithFaclair
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Ras Malai to die for”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I can't believe there is no review for this place yet. If you look on just-eat.co.uk, you'll find many good reviews, hence why I first ordered from this restaurant/takeaway. I have never been to the restaurant itself so can't comment on atmosphere, etc. but the food is good, it came before the estimated time and the delivery man was very friendly. The main standout to me is their Ras Malai dessert which I am now addicted to! I highly recommend trying it, although beware, you might get addicted too. We also tried the butter prawn, vegetable biryani, chicken vindaloo, peshwari naan and mixed pakora. We received a complimentary poppadom. The mixed pakora was nice, however I would've preferred a yoghurt sauce with it rather than the chilli sauce. The other dishes were fine, nothing special but nothing to complain about either.

• Visited November 2012