“Fantastic Afternoon Tea”

Cuisines: Scottish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Inspired by the grand social promenade that connected the original Waldorf and Astoria hotels, Peacock Alley transpires grace and sophistication. It is the epicentre of The Waldorf Astoria social scene for afternoon tea, pre reception cocktails or an elegant night cap to put an end to a perfect day. Our gifted pastry chefs create a seasonal afternoon tea menu that can only be matched by the finest teas this world has to offer while our experienced team craft classic and exclusive Waldorf Astoria cocktails, using only the finest liquors and freshest ingredients. Here is to be found the essence of the unique and unforgettable Waldorf Astoria experience. Peacock Alley - "A Place To See And Be Seen".
Edinburgh
“Fantastic Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I took my friend for her 40th birthday and we had the classic afternoon tea. It's a lovely venue - really light and airy with pleasant background music and really comfy chairs (very important for chilling!). The service was a wee bit slow to start with but our waitress was lovely and very pleasant when she served us. The selection of teas is very good and the selection of food on the stand was amazing. Delicious and such a variety. We sat there for 4 hours quite happily and still couldn't finish it so took some away in a goody box. We also had our tea replenished - at no extra cost. Well worth a visit - I'll be going back with my mum definatley.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Treeh5

• Korean first
Edinburgh
“Amazing atmosphere and staff”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I took my mother in law and 10 week old baby for lunch at Peacock Alley and couldn't have been more impressed! The staff were excellent, very attentive and discrete at the same time. The sandwiches we ordered were lovely as was the champagne!

I'd thoroughly recommend a visit - and thankfully my baby slept the whole time we were there :-)

• Visited February 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Finally, a perfect hot chocolate afetrnoon treat. Served in a glass, as soon as it was on the table, I knew it was a real one. At leat one hot chocolate made with chocolate and not some cocoa powder.

This place is heaven after a busy afternoon in town.

The biscuits served with the drinks are so so good, the staff is discreet and efficient and smiling. Perfect.

• Visited February 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Splendid Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Some girlfriends treated me to afternoon tea before my wedding, and I have to say it was the very best I've ever had! The Peacock Alley itself is absolutely beautiful, the staff are wonderful (no snobbery), and the selection of teas was very good. The teastand was very well stacked with fresh sandwiches, ample scones, and gorgeous, artisan petit fours. I have a real 'thing' about afternoon tea, and somethings always lets me down, but the Caley does it perfectly.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Poultox
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Superb afternoon tea!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

4 of decided to splash out and have a champagne afternoon tea in the newly refurbished Caledonian Hotel's Peacock Alley. We were not disappointed! The choice of sandwiches, scones and cakes was fabulous and we had a marvellous selection of teas to choose from too. The champagne just helped make the event more special. The refurbishment of the hotel is splendid and Peacock Alley has to be seen. It is magnificent. They old outer walls of the station have been incorporated into the Alley so well, it's amazing! The staff were most attentive but not overly so. We had no complaints at all about anything the whole afternoon. A lovely relaxed time. thank you, Calley!!!

1 Thank Joy I

Travelers who viewed Peacock Alley at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian also viewed

Been to Peacock Alley at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian? Share your experiences!