“A different dining experience, well worth a visit!”
Review of Riverlife

Riverlife
Ranked #47 of 2,641 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: riverRLife has been nominated as one of Scotland's fantastic restaurant serving cuisines from around the world in the Scotland's Best Rest Of The World Restaurant category! If you want riveRLife to be in the running to become Scotland's best,then please spare a moment and vote for riverRLife using the website link on our Facebook page as link will not be accepted on this tripadvisor page. riverRLife is fully BYOB, no corkage charged! riveRLife opened it's doors to the public in mid-July 2012. A very friendly, family run restaurant, 5 minutes walk from Haymarket Train Station in Edinburgh. Our cuisine is an unusual fusion of French Provencal and Caribbean. We take pride in the fact that our food is tasty, freshly made every time, using locally sourced produce and very good value for money. Our price range is £ 4.95 To £16.95. We look forward to serving you and yours at here at riveRLife at some point.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I had lunch this week through a voucher scheme at RiverLife Restaurant and had a lovely meal coupled with a warm welcome. We dined off the menu Provençale (I think there is a Caribbean menu as well), and had Sauté Prawns with Garlic and Ginger for starters, warm bread and butter provided free of charge (and replenished when finished). For mains my wife chose Fish Leon, Dumpling and Vegetable Julienne while I opted for the RiverLife Rustic Cassoulet, both dishes unusual and delicious. The service was first class and coupled with the byob (no corkage) policy added up to a fantastic experience. The restaurant and toilets were spotless. Heartily recommended.

5  Thank Len_Angus

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Riverlife. The fig starter was delicious and my family assured me others were too. The service was extremely friendly and helpful, just what you want in a small family run restaurant. I had the fish and dumplings main and it was unusual and very tasty. We were happy with the BYOB and had Prosecco as it was my birthday and red wine with dinner. Staff were happy to keep drinks cold and provide clean glasses when needed. I hope this restaurant is a success as it deserves to be. We need more local restaurants and need to support them. I look forward to trying the Caribbean buffet in the near future. Try this restaurant, you won't be disappointed!

4  Thank tigger25
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just been for our first meal at RiveRLife on Dalry road, Edinburgh and had to rave about it. We got a groupon offer for their 9 course meal and this is one of the best places I have ever eaten in. Greated warmly when we arrived and shown to our table. Started with warm goats cheese then seafood bisque and the taste was amazing! Our main consisted of prok, confit duck, ribeye steak, seabass and lamb, a carnivores delight. Everything tasted delicious. I will definately be back here again, especially as they do a carribean buffet on the first Sunday of every month. Incredible food at great prices.

4  Thank Scott W
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Purchased a discount voucher for this restaurant through Wowcher.£18 for a starter and main and soft drink or tea or coffee for 2.Went with my partner on Saturday night.Restaurant is small and nicely decorated.Greeted at the door and given a nice table by the window.The food was excellent and the service great.The restaurant has no drinks licence so its 'bring your own bottle'.We took two bottles of wine with us and the waitress was kind enough to keep the second bottle chilled for us and made sure our glasses we always topped up.great choice of starters.I had mushrooms with blue cheese and my partner had the prawns.Both were excellent.We had enough time between courses to chat but not too long that we felt we were kept waiting.waiteress made sure we had bread,topped up whenever we wanted it and this wasnt charged to us at the end of the night.Rack of lamb for my main was well cooked and the portion size was perfect.my partner had the sea bass and this was also delicious.I kept stealing bits off his plate.Dessert wasnt included in the wowcher deal but we shared a sticky toffee pudding.another delicious dish.Our end bill was £3.75.great value.would defo recommend this restaurant.will defo be returning again and again.would have given a 5 out of 5 but they had no steak left which was my first choice for main.This was only because a large party had turned up before us and all ordered the steak.

3  Thank jofromedinburgh
Buumba M, Manager at Riverlife, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your very detailed review, which is greatly appreciated. We are pleased that overall you had a positive experience, despite not getting the steak! We look forward to having you and yours back at RiveRLIfe.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Lovely little resturaunt, decor very sheek, staff really nice, food amazing, descent sized portions, great value for money, a must for anyone living or visiting edinburgh as they do deserve the credit. Jock&Gillian :o)

4  Thank gillian t
Buumba M, Owner at Riverlife, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

We are glad to hear of your positive experience at RiveRLife, and like the way you have summed everything up! We look forward to your return.