“dinner”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had a lovely meal last night,.... sharing plates as a starter were delicious, the pigeon breast starter was tender and bursting with flavour, three of us had duck afterwards, excellent, moist and not too fatty, again full of flavour, chicken with veal jus was voted the best thing our son had ever eaten!
None of us managed a desert, but my husband and son shared a cheese platter, not meant for sharing, I know, so the cheese portions seemed a bit small!

Thr33B1rds, Owner at Three Birds, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

So lovely to have you all in anne b. The chicken dish is SO juicy, it's true...thanks for your review and we look forward to seeing you again, 3B

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

This was a really good meal for two with nice choice and good flavours. I was thinking not to eat too much on a Monday night, so should be pleased by the sensible portion sizes ... but being a greedy pig ... also for a change I had all vegetarian. So I wont give a top review. But I will keep going back. Might not have wine next time to keep the cost down. Definitely recommend it.

Hi JimSEdinburgh; not sure why choosing veggie meant automatic no top rating ! - but we very much look forward to you coming back again for meat, and maybe no wine (even though it's v inexpensive here!)! ...3B

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyable , we were here in July for a birthday, The (Massive!!) shared steak platter was superb.

Staff were very good and we appreciated the desert wine on the house.

I look forward to going back.

Gosh July seems like eons ago! But glad it was memorable for you at Three BIrds....3B

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Visited the Three Birds restaurant for our anniversary lunch! Was delicious! Menu was varied and unique and plenty of specials to choose from too. The set menu price is very reasonable for 2 courses and just enough(portion wise) for a lunch.

The atmosphere is great too and you can sit at the window and gaze out at the passers-by. What a difference to the last dingy dark spot.

Have seen families dining with young kids at all times of the day and evening - so clearly a family friendly place.

Definitely worth a visit if you want to try something different, with good food, good atmosphere and a change from the usual chain restaurants.

Happy Anniversary lottiesuk!! Hopefully you'll come back again before the next one... :-) 3B

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This little eaterie has seen a variety of different owners over the years. The latest custodians however really do it justice. Both my friend and I have been here separately when it was under different ownership and obviously a different name. We jointly agreed this was by far the best food we had ever eaten, both in this spot and most others in Edinburgh. The 2 course lunch time menu is unbelievably good value for money at just £9.50 per person. Needless to say it was busy and I was glad I had made reservations. There was even a Scottish TV personality quietly enjoying her lunch so clearly the word is out. We both chose the fish loaf from the menu and from the blackboard my friend had the haddock and I chose the Beetroot and mozzarella risotto; it was all perfectly cooked, presented and utterly delicious. My friend who lunches a lot was delighted with this find and plans to use it regularly. First class.

Wasn't it fun having the famous lady here?! Glad you 2 were here the same day, was our pleasure to give you a good lunch....3B