“Who would have thought!!! Brilliant!!”

Madogs Cocktail Bar&Grill
Ranked #1,237 of 2,609 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Wow!!! What's happened to this place?!? I tell you what's happened..... it got its act together and changed into a classy, clean and amazing restaurant!! Food was totally amazing! Best homemade burgers we've had in a very long time, tasty, healthy portions! Nice side salad which was accompanied by the offered choice of dressing, which we thought was a nice touch! Bottle of prosecco, two meals and a pint for £34.... On George street!!! Brilliant value, fab decor, great atmosphere, waitress kinda let the place down a tiny bit although she made a massive effort to give good service, maybe she was new so total benefit of doubt!! My hat however, is tipped to the chef! Def going back and soon!!!

1  Thank Fordie87

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My friend and I visited Madogs a week ago with a Groupon voucher. We had the ribeye steaks,well done and medium cooked.they were cooked to perfection, the sauces absolutely yummy, fresh side salad with NICE dressing and excellent shoestring chips.I had mine and friends dressing .it was so delicious . The service was very friendly and efficient.We will be defenitely back.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

It must be 30 years since I last had a meal in Madogs so I am pleased to report that I enjoyed dinner there last night with my wife and youngest son.

At one time we quite regularly used the restaurant for lunch as my wife used a nearby hairdresser but when that changed we never seemed near enough to make use of it.

Conveniently situated in the heart of Edinburgh it seemed like an oasis on a warm summer evening. The restaurant is entered through the cocktail bar and in its recent refurbishment successfully mixes modernity and nostalgia with restful colours and interesting black and white photographs.

It's a place that offers pleasurably eating with old favourites such as Nacho's and decent steaks with salads and interesting sauces.

Prices are modest and the staff pleasant and helpful.

It was a pleasurable experience that I intend to repeat .

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My partner and I visited Madogs a week ago with a Groupon voucher. We had the ribeye steaks, which had been cooked to perfection, the sauces absolutely yummy, fresh side salad with nice dressing and excellent shoestring chips. The service was very friendly and efficient. After our meal we changed to the bar, where we had fantastic cocktails and one of the best Drambuie coffees ever. We will be defenitely back, with or without voucher!!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ate here last week on a Groupon voucher for 2 steak meals with cocktails.
Nice decor, excellent service from both floor staff and bar staff, both rib eye steaks were of good quality and cooked to perfection, side salads tasty with nice dressing and portion size just right, other dishes we saw being served looked just as good and we look forward to a return visit very soon to sample some of them.
I have already recommended madogs to workmates who i am sure will not be dissapointed.

1  Thank telamon362