“The Best Place in Edinburgh for Food, Drinks and a Good Evening!”

Madogs Cocktail Bar&Grill
Ranked #1,272 of 2,554 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I previously wrote a lengthy review about Madogs, but after a few more visits in 3 different settings I am combining these 3 into 1 more brief review.

Firstly, lunch or dinner with My mate : Always good friendly service, as well as helpful. Quality enjoyable food, along with premium drinks, and cocktails, my favourite place by far in Edinburgh!

Secondly, with my mother & her friend : Many places I would not take my elderly mother, however she said "she felt very welcome, and the girls were so nice and friendly, and the food was amazing and filling, with lovely decor" (Thanks to Kasia & Doris).

Thirdly, a night out as a group of 7 mates after the rugby. Everyone loved their food, one lad saying it was the best burger he had ever tasted. The others commented the starters were so huge, they were struggling with the main course, but they enjoy everything. Again, great service, from the best team there is in Edinburgh. Highly recommended!

4  Thank JamzyW
There are newer reviews for Madogs Cocktail Bar&Grill

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Smaller than I expected. Good service. Starter Ribs (to die for). Main Steak (big let down). No dessert this time coffee instead ( in a word yeuch like tar). Cocktail variety good but expensive. Overall Average and only because of great starter!

1  Thank andrea103
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very nice place to come for a lunch - A more simple Menu on offer during the day, but with plenty very appetising choices to select from.

Good service once more, and value for money. Very well located during a shopping trip, or in between events. My 2nd review, still a 5, this time at lunch time also.

3  Thank Tomasz D
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have previously written a review on food I have had at night. I had a holiday and decided to treat my mother to lunch.

When I saw the lunch menu I was impressed good selection for a smaller menu.

I ordered a starter and main each and when I my starter came the portion size was big and I wondered how I was going to manage. When I burger came it was the exact same portion size I had when I came at night. This surprised me as normally when you get a lunch menu it's smaller portions.

The members of staff really looked after me and my mum. We were not rushed at all and plates were cleared quickly.

Me and a friend go at night all the time but I now think I will frequent it for lunch when I can.

1  Thank RICHFRASER
Reviewed February 5, 2013

A group of us visited Madogs on a lil girls night out armed with some discount vouchers, an empty tummy and a little aprehension. Madogs is always somewhere I thought of as being a lil rough and not somewhere id really frequent along my stomping ground of George St. However I was sp surpirsed to discover aa beautiful and enviting decor with smilie and helpful staff. The meal was very enjoyable and the service was fantastic. We'll defo be going back!! Though it is a pity they didnt change the name as Im not sure it can wash the stigma it has from its previous life!