“Very pleasant and enjoyable experiences”

St. John's Restaurant
Ranked #1,412 of 2,556 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: St John's is a traditional Fish & Chip Takeway & Restaurant. We are fully licenced but offer a BYOB service. We have a busy takeaway and home delivery service and have opperated from the same location since 1980.We have 3 distinct areas of expertise. Our Fish & Chips. Our stone-baked pizza, and our home-made pasta. All types of food are available for Take-away, home delivery and in our Restaurant.
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I have been to St Johns on many occasions to carry out and eat in. The food is really nice and I can not fault it. They do great pizzas and pastas and the size of the portions are very good. I would recommend it to anyone who likes Italian food!

1  Thank Jamie C
Anwarthabet, Owner at St. John's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thanks Jamie,
Your kind words make a huge difference.
Anwar.

There are newer reviews for St. John's Restaurant

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Having just moved to the area I went out to find us some chips suppers. I initially only found lots of other takaways and no chippies, but in the end I ended up here. The place was really busy that evening and the customers looked like locals, which I suspected was a good sign. Looking back I can not believe why they were so busy, as our meals were the worst we'd had for a long time. There's really no rocket science in deep frying some potato chips and a piece of battered fish, but the person who fried ours at St. John's failed miserably.

St. John's is a bit of a strange one when you look at the menu on their website; I didn't realise they did anything else but fish, chips and the like. It seems they do all sorts of Italian dishes though and you can sit in or take away. I've only had one experience there so can't comment on other types of food they serve, but I certainly won't be back.

We've since had chips suppers from Monte Bianco on Corstorphine Road, which has been much better, and next time I'm going to try out the Barbecue (or Bar B Que) on Glasgow Road, which I've heard is good.

2  Thank BrawScotland

Having just started engageing in such sites as Trip Advisor I'd firstly like to apologise for the delay in responding.

I'm also sorry to hear that your experience with us was so poor. I can assure you that in 32 years of business it is not something we are used to or take lightly.

I have noticed, however, that your comments are dated 4th September and we have not fried any food since the end of July having taken our frying range out at that point! That's a 6 week period!

It is my job to make sure all our customers are, and remain satisfied at all times and I would like use this opportunity to offer you a meal for two in our restaurant as a chance to redeem ourselves and satisfy your disappointment.