“Without doubt the best therapists in Edinburgh!”

Shivago Thai Clinic
More attraction details
Owner description: Shivago Thai Clinic is a family run practice led by Kei and Hoeyyn De Freitas who are passionate adherents of the art of traditional Thai Healing and Asian Medicine. Established in London in 2006, Shivago moved to Edinburgh in 2008 after brief visits to Edinburgh cemented Kei and Hoeyyn's love for the city. Shivago Thai Clinic has built a solid reputation in Traditional Thai Therapy within Scotland and England, and has been featured in many press and media reports.The clinic has developed a regular following of clients who love authentic traditional Thai therapies. Shivago is located just off the historic Royal Mile, has a very traditional atmosphere and offers a relaxing respite from the hubbub of the city. The clinic also hosts the Shivago Thai School, which has trained successful therapists and spa professionals from around the world including those from The Carnegie Club at Skibo Castle. Our team of professional therapists are all fully trained and insured and aim to provide the highest level of professional Thai therapies in Edinburgh. We offer a range of services from relaxation massage for health maintenance to therapeutic massage for pain related maladies. Our Shivago Signature Treatment tailors your treatment to your individual needs incorporating Thai cupping therapy, Thai herbal compress massage and therapeutic Thai massage. If you have any questions about how our treatments may be able to help you, to book an appointment or purchasing a treatment voucher please contact us. A warm welcome will always await you at Shivago Thai Clinic.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Having had many Thai Massages during my travels I can rate Kei and Hoeyyn as an example of true excellence. Living locally, I have had regular treatments at the Shivago Clinic for the last three years . Every time I receive a treatment I am always in awe at their professional skills. Thank you so much.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Having massage at Shivago has made my trip to Edinbrugh pain free. Im a massage lover and this was one of the best massages I had in the UK. Thanks for the amazing staff.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My friend and I thought a wee massage would be a good idea as part of our stay.
We both found our massage really enjoyable.
It is important to note this is fully traditional so if you are after the more pamper approach with the bed etc this is not for you.
The couple who run this are lovely and very worldly.

1  Thank MellieMel1
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After holidays in Thailand I thought I never will receive such a great Thai massage. I was wrong, I find Shivago clinic and I am so happy with my therapist Hoeyyn. She is definitely one of the best therapist I ever met. Such a professional, helpful, kind person. With my boyfriend we come often and always leave this clinic relaxed, not just the body but also our mind. Petra

2  Thank Petra303
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I decided to try the Shivago Thai clinic based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor during my recent trip to Edinburgh, and I was not disappointed. I enjoyed a 30minute beck, neck and back massage which helped to alleviate the tightness in the muscles from on-going back issues that were aggravated by the flight from Canada to the UK. I was greeted by very friendly staff and made to feel very welcome. It was evident from the clientele, that it is a popular clinic for many locals, as clients were greeted by name. Having been to many high-end spas for massage treatments, this clinic provides an unassuming, honest and satisfying therapeutic experience without all the window-dressing. Perfectly located just off the Royal Mile, it is the perfect treat after a long day of site-seeing.

6  Thank jmb1969