“Fab food in child friendly cafe”
Review of The Purple Pig Cafe - CLOSED

The Purple Pig Cafe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: We are a family run cafe operating in the Tollcross area of Edinburgh. Our ethos is Homemade, Humble, Honest food. We place emphasis on customer satisfaction and enjoyment and our aim is to ensure that customers have a great time in the cafe and leave with satisfied full tummy's. Go on give us a try.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Mum, my 3 year old twins and I had a wonderful breakfast before heading to a show at the Kings theatre. The food was lovely, service was fantastic and I was very pleased the children were made to feel so welcome what with the toys they could play with and the appropriate cutlery/dishes they were given. All in all a very enjoyable experience. Thank you Purple Pig

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped into The Purple Pig after a hospital appointment. It was 1130am, and lunch is not served until 12, so we ate from the breakfast menu.
My husband had the veggie breakfast which he said was lovely.
As a real fan of bacon rolls, I had the Purple Pig's special bacon bap. A large, floury bread roll was filled with three large slices of bacon. The whole thing was absolutely delicious.
Our coffee was also very nice.
I was then unable to resist the coconut cupcakes which were divine and topped off with a chunk of a bounty bar.
Staff were very pleasant and friendly.
Will definitely be stopping in again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I came here for breakfast on a recent trip to Edinburgh.. the Purple Pig is a lovely in a lovely bright and contemporary setting.

The staff are friendly and the brekfast menu had some nice choices. The tea was good quality loose and served in a teapot. I had the vege breakfast which came with scottish potato scone and veggie haggis.. It was lovely! My wife has smoked salmon, scrambled eggs on a potato scone which she also said was very nice.

I'd recommend a visit if your around for breakfast.. it's a shame we are not local as I would have liked to try lunch or dinner!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Brilliant food, with every element carefully sourced, made and presented to a very, very high level.
Better than the Wolsey, at a fraction of the price. Great chef and great service. Hopefully they get the success they richly deserve.

1  Thank AlanWallace99
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is an unpretentious, simple, little (9 table) cafe which we find great for breakfast or a light lunch.

It is very reasonably priced, with the Breakfast Stack being my favourite at £4.95.