“Quality HK dim sum”

Stack Dim Sum Bar
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was Sunday and most cafes were not opened. So when our friend recommended Stack, I wasn't expecting quality dim sum. The place was small and busy, and we managed to get a table after waiting for a short while.

Being an Asian and particularly fussy about har kow (king prawn dumpling), I was pleasantly surprised how fresh and juicy it tasted. Every plate of dim sum that came was of quality and so yummy! The portion size is also of good value; my hor fun has generous servings of king prawns.

Would definitely recommend this place, and I'm already planning my next visit with a bigger stomach space!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I finally got round to visiting Stack Dim Sum two weeks ago after moving in round the corner 6 months back. It is always very busy whenever i've gone past so we were glad to have gotten a table when we popped in at 7pm on a Friday evening. I went with my Mum, who had also been keen to visit and who was a little more knowledgeable on the dim sum front! I needn't have worried - the restaurant kindly provide a wee tablet containing a picture menu in addition to their printed format to help you choose your order. Very helpful, if like me you struggle to create an image on something in your head when ordering! The choice was a little overwhelming, but we went for 4 dim sum and a noodle dish between us, as suggested by the menu. Everything was fantastic - the pork buns and squid cakes were exceptional and the portions very generous - what we chose was more than enough between the two of us and alongside two soft drinks and a beer came to little over £20 - bargain!

This definitely isn't the sort of place you would go for a fancy dinner or romantic meal, as the ambience is lacking a little (as is the drinks selection) but the food speaks for itself. I will definitely be back and would recommend to anyone, as with a variety of steamed and fried dumplings with meat, fish and veg fillings and a choice of noodle dishes, there really is something for everyone.

3  Thank JAG312
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great find hidden in Leigh, this recommend to me by a college who is a chef as am I, dim sum is one of my fave cuisines and everything here was spot on, the kitchen and front worked seamlessly to ensure we got great food staggered perfectly so we never had more than 2 dim sum at any one time, a little more seasoning would have been nice in the pork rice bowl but il put that down to my taste so not a bad point at all!! We walked out full and happy, 2 people for 27 quid a great bargin. Cheers to the staff keep it up, will be back next time I'm in edinbourgh.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This may be the best selection of fresh, home made dim sum in Edinburgh. And unlike most placed, they serve them in the evening. They also do takeaway. Squid cakes and prawn and spinach dumplings particularly good.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Fresh, authentic Hong Kong Dim Sum. Friendly service, excellent food, and a surprisingly comprehensive wine list.