“A fine dining experience”

KFC - Edinburgh Craigleith
Ranked #1,831 of 2,449 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In a good shopping centre.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A fine dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I wished to dine somewhere different recently. We knew that there was a unique restaurant specialising in poultry fare locally. The first bonus is that one does not have to book a table - you can choose where to sit. We chose a window table with views over towards Edinburgh Castle (if Sainsbury's had not been in the way!).
We enquired about a taster menu - however unfortunately they do not have a taster menu - but there is indeed a wide variety on the menu itself.
The staff within the restaurant are friendly and helpful - even giving helpful suggestions when choosing food such as "Why not try our Deli Deluxe Range"?
Gladys chose an 'Original Recipe Meal'. This meal contains an amazing 11 herbs and spices. Gladys asked if she could get the recipe - but was told that it is secret. It certainly 'hit the spot' as my grandson, Tarquin, says! Seh also received french fries and a beverage with the meal. The fries were golden and crispy.
I chose a 'Supercharger' - the menu said that if I was in need of a full-scale fill-up, to try it. The breast fillets were succulent and the sauce was suitably tangy. I also received french fries and a beverage in addition. Unfortunately they do not have a liquor licence as a glass of Les Domaines Brocard Chablis would have complemented the dish perfectly.
The service was efficient.
We will return!

• Visited March 2013
12 Thank Coininban

Inverkeithing, United Kingdom
“Not cheap and not cheerful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I visited this KFC as a "quick and cheap" lunch option only to be left extremely dissapointed. The restaurant is grubby inside and the staff are really quite unhelpful. On entry, we were greeted with stuck up notes advising there were no boneless meals available. Inside, further notes advised that Krushems were also unavailable. My husband and I eventually settled on a meal each - a Tower Meal (me) and a Zinger Tower Meal (husband). The high points - the lettuce was fresh and the bun soft, the low points - really tasteless - I had no idea there was any sauce or mayo on the burger and the presence of the hash brown was completely un-detectable. The fries were edible - neither good nor bad! My biggest gripe was the price - over £10 for 2 very basic and unsatisfying meals. I should have popped into M&S for a takeaway sandwich as I am sure this would have been more fulfilling. I have only ever visited KFC twice before - Blackpool and Inverness and after this trip, I wouldn't go back. I know many people love KFC but I really failed to see what the fuss was based on this experience.

• Visited February 2013
scotland
“Yummy food every visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great food stop when your out shopping . The food is always cooked well .however , sometimes the staff can be a little politer !,

Visited September 2012
Edinburgh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ew never going back!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Chicken was disgusting- it was all brown and rotten inside!! Queue was massive!? Pepsi was WARM. Chips were greasy(unlike the other KFC's!!!)!

We honestly love KFC but this was an off put! If you are looking for a kfc in Edinburgh don't go to this one!!!

Glasgow
“Reaonable KFC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Near the shops so good when hungry!!!! Near to the local Holiday Inn for tourists too and walks along the water of Leith

Visited July 2012