“Tasty authentic food :)”
Review of Nanyang

Nanyang
Ranked #475 of 2,556 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Nanyang Restaurant is an original Malaysian Restaurant in Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. We are not only providing the best and original Malaysian flavor but also making you feel very comfortable by our top class services.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We shared a whole heap of different starters & munched our way through them. Very tasty & the homemade sambal sauce on the mussels was totally awesome! The finishing up of the pandan pancake was a lovely touch too, the hubby would have gone that extra Scottish mile by deep frying the pancakes aswell. Service was exceptional, as our waitress gave us novices a full description of the delicacies we were about to enjoy :) Only down side, we couldn't figure out why, it was so quiet. I'm sure it wont be long before there's a buzz about the place! A hidden gem in amongst the Quartermile new builts :)

There are newer reviews for Nanyang

Reviewed October 21, 2012

went there with my husband for a meal. we loved the food and service.we will definetly come back and recommend this place to our friends.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We decided to try this restaurant for the first time at the weekend. We were impressed with the ambience, the decor, the attentiveness and professionalism of the staff. The food was delicious - the vegetarian tofu & mixed veg dish was exactly what I'd hoped for with vegetables cooked to perfection (ie still retaining their nutritional value by being crunchy and fresh), my husband's Singapore noodle dish having a variety of colours with plenty of veg and prawns in it (rather than hidden among as can so often happen in restaurants), and our papaya salad shared between us having a delicious zingy & fresh taste. Very generous portion sizes so we left very satisfied after our delicious meal. We definitely plan to return.

1  Thank FF_Edinburgh
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I am my family have been living in Edinburgh over 11 years, I really miss the food in my home country, and Nanyang is a best place to go, I have been coming here regularly for the last 4 months. They always provide us a friendly service and great Malaysian food. As a Malaysian in oversea I am so proud of Nanyang, because they are promoting our Malaysian culture and cuisine to European. To be honest, this is my personal feeling that some of the Malaysian reviewers below are fake and ruins. Anyway we all are always support Nanyang.

1  Thank Emilytan
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have been to this restaurant twice now and I would have to say that is one of my most favourite restaurants in Edinburgh.

If you do go here I would suggest that you park in George Square in Edinburgh and walk the rest (3-4min tops) as parking in Quarter Mile is not easy.