The Chester Residence
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$503
$407
$208
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$227
$214
$151
$126
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$126
$185
$168
Orbitz.com
1,929 results
All reviewsthe penthousechester streetowners residencerothesay placecinema roommews apartmentliving roommolton brown toiletriesprivate gardensky tvnespresso machineserviced apartmentwest endfull kitchenbirthday cardunderfloor heatinglarge bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2013

A friend and I stayed here in November 2013 for a night in the Owners Residence. What a fantastic welcome we received- they greeted us and then gave us a small tour of the buildings and then took us to our luxury suite. From the Gucci throw's on the bed to the understated style of the living room, everything was just perfect. There was even a bottle of wine waiting for us in the room! We ordered room service a couple of times throughout the night and each time it was quick and we got exactly what we wanted.
There was a small misunderstanding over a breakfast which was ordered but this was immediately put right by the reception staff when I checked out. Overall, I will be back here in a heartbeat. Even if it is not in the top suite it is well worth treating yourself to a stay at the Chester Residence.

Room Tip: The Owners Residence is such a treat
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The price was competitive. The service was good, and the location was decent. I enjoyed my stay here, but I don´t think that I would stay here again. We rented the penthouse apartment, and were disappointed to find that we had to climb about 80 steps to get to the elevator-less apartment.

The space was very comfortable, and the apartment´s materials and detailed finishes were nice enough to enjoy it for the time we stayed. I did think, however, that the location could have been better.

As I said before, it was pretty good, but not what we were hoping for. After walking through the city for about 20 miles in three days, we realized that the best place to stay is on Princes Street near the Scott Monument. We weren´t very far, but at night, in the cold, and in the darkness, we would have felt safer and more comfortable being a couple of blocks from a more central location on Princes Street.

As it was, we were about three or four blocks from one end of Princes Street, but since most of the activities are closer to the middle of Princes Street, we found ourselves being a bit too far from where we would have stayed if we had the knowledge prior to staying there.

Also, because these are apartments, I would have liked a more hotel feel. While the service was very good, I felt it was very good as an apartment support staff, not so much as a hotel staff. After seeing several options, I think next time I will look into staying at the Balmoral.

Room Tip: The upper penthouse is comfortable, but the building has no elevator, so if you don´t like walking up a lot of flights of stairs, stay closer to the bottom of the building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chich C
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I booked two nights at the Chester Residence as a surprise for my boyfriend's birthday in October. From the moment we stepped out of the taxi, we were made to feel welcomed and special by the attentive staff (who were fantastic for the duration of our stay). I was impressed by the brilliant reviews and the look of the rooms on the website, but I was still stunned by the sheer size and impeccable decor when we got into our apartment.

The kitchen had everything we needed - from a Nespresso machine down to the cheese grater - and all of the rooms were spotless. The location couldn't have been better - a beautiful, safe part of town just a few minutes' walk from Princes Street.

We've been recommending the Chester Residence to everyone since we returned from our trip, and can't wait to go back - we're actually talking about visiting on our honeymoon!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were only staying in Edinburgh one night having had a few nights in the borders, so were a little apprehensive about being in an apartment that it might be "too much" and over the top just for one day.

Fortunately.. we were wrong! We were staying in the penthouse (8/1) which had great views. the apartment itself was very well appointed with lots of little details that made it. Everything very comfortable indeed, and it was useful to have a kitchen even if we barely used it and went out for dinner. If I had to find any faults, the integrated audio system wasn't working properly in the bathroom (which wasn't a big deal for us at all and we did mention it to reception) and it only worked with Sky, not the DVD player.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, it seemed that nothing was too much trouble and once they've shown you to your room they stay out of your way so you can enjoy the place. It really does feel like you're "at home" whilst being in a hotel. Location was spot on, 10mins walk to the city centre.

Will definitely come back again (although would have to save up and stay for longer!)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gkhewitt
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at The Chester Residence and can't praise it enough. Our top floor apartment was beautifully furnished, extremely spacious with quality appliances. The huge bathroom had an excellent shower, with good pressure (something lots of hotels have not!), superb lighting and Molten Brown products. The kitchen was well appointed with everything needed for a short stay, all we had to do was supply the food! I would recommend this hotel / apartment to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in top floor (4th), there is no lift as building is listed however doorman always available for luggage
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple